Anyone one on one mentoring?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by danielc1, Sep 7, 2019.

1. danielc1

danielc1

I know... But besides giving money, I do not do well in those fields. So I follow my bliss...

#11     Sep 7, 2019
  2. SPX Blaster

SPX Blaster Guest

It's nice of you to offer mentoring without obligation. I thought about displaying my cycle analysis on a blog and put a link to PayPal if someone would like to donate. No obligation to pay.

#12     Sep 7, 2019
    Nobert and danielc1 like this.
  3. soulfire

soulfire

That's a very generous offer if legit and definitely not typical of what you see on trading sights.

That said, since it goes against the norm, you really should give a more detailed intro about yourself. At best you are a generous soul looking to help others- at worst this is prelude to just another scam. Answering the following questions would be helpful to most:

1) Most successful traders have spent a considerable amount time, blood, sweat, and tears coming up with a working trading plan. As such, they are loathe to reveal their hard learned info to the general public for fear of compromising their system.
    Do you not have this concern?

2) You're at the prime age for earning and have a family. What would be your motivation for basically working for free which takes time from pursuing other venture/activities allowed by financial independence?

3) What is your performance history? Offering to mentor comes with the presumption that you are a successful trader. What have you traded, what is you time frame and profit/loss ratios? How long have you been successful? Are you a long term, swing, or intraday trader?

4) What is your prime motivation for free mentoring?

5) Why not just post your system/methodology online if you don't mind sharing with others?

#13     Sep 7, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  4. danielc1

danielc1

Good questions:

I do not think I'm a generous soul. Or a scam artist. About your question about more intro, what would you like to know?

Answers:
    1) If someone is willing to trade they also will have to put in a consideral amount of time, blood, sweat and tears in to it. I did it and I believe anyone who wants to make it should go through it also. Maybe I can shorten the pain with some pointers and a clear direction for that person. It is not my concern that my system would be compromised. I believe systems are very personal and that no one trader is alike. I believe that a good trader must go trough all the effort to make their own personal system. It helps to know what will work and what not.

2) My wife is tired talking about trading on the dinner table. I do not work for free. But I also do not work for money, if you know what I mean. Money is something you have, use and deploy, it is not always every persons motivator to do something.

3) I make money trading. That is all you need to know. My performance history is not even clear for me and everybody goes trough tough times. I had my challenges, you will have yours. What I make is not a guarantee what you will make. I do long term and intra day. Stocks, options and futures. I could do swing, but don't. I stoped working for somebody else in february 2000. I have had also other business. I have had a failed business where I put more then 10 grand a month in to it to keep a float for two years. Kept trading for the most part of the 30 years. Had luxery cars, nice houses. It's all verifiable if you really want to dig in to it. I do keep stats about trading to a point, but that is more to see if what I'm doing is still working. Last couple of years I even do it in my head. (Not the records of each trade, but knowing I still have an edge)

4) Great minds think a like. I hope to find some people that have same intrest.

5) Does not work like that. I could give you my methodology, people will still not make it work. It's is more then reading and trying to figure out why you enter a trade and exit a trade. You need the same thought patterns why it works and then you need a believe that it will work. You can not transfer that with simply explaining a system or methodogoly. The best way is to figure it out step by step by yourself. I only can point what you need to figure out.

#14     Sep 7, 2019
    remogul92, MattZ and Nobert like this.
  5. qlai

qlai

Agreed, but maybe give us an idea. Mentoring in general trading concepts sounds wrong.

#15     Sep 7, 2019
  6. danielc1

danielc1

I'm not going to mentor in general trading concepts, I'm going to mentor in creating a system that will work for you. You must understand that to make it work, it has to fit your life, thinking and being. If you can copy what I do, great. But it is my experience that it does not work that way. I will show my system during the mentorship to let people see what components they have to include in their system.

#16     Sep 7, 2019
  7. qlai

qlai

Does your system rely on any proprietary indicator or can it be replicated on any platform? Why not just start a journal instead? This "one on one" thing is kinda weird.

#17     Sep 7, 2019
  8. danielc1

danielc1

It is only weird if you think you can learn to trade by reading a book, journal or on a website.

#18     Sep 7, 2019
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Belgium daytraders clubs @ https://www.meetup.com/Brussels-Day-Traders/

There's a few other groups in your area for you to daytrade as many as you want...all in person.

It would be cool if you can live stream the mentoring...there's a few that did such on Youtube.

wrbtrader

#19     Sep 7, 2019
    danielc1 likes this.
  10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

@danielc1 We have a trading blog https://optimusfutures.com/tradeblog/ and we do our best to write about practical topics that may help traders. We would be more than happy to have articles from you, if time allows, and give you full credit for the content. All articles are mailed to customers and noncustomers.
    If you traded for 30 years many could learn from your overall experience.

#20     Sep 7, 2019