Anyone offer interest with acct balance?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mytwocents, May 4, 2004.

1. Seeing as how I'm spewing questions all over the place, here's another.... Let's just pretend for a second that I had $10,000 under my mattress and I wanted to get the best value for it (obviously), then my choices vary between stocks, mut funds, cds, money market, etc....... but let's say I may or may not want to trade forex with my money....When 'interest' is spoken of (I see it on some of the broker websites etc) is that interest that I will EARN or PAY? And are there any firms that are reputable and offer something that will allow my money to sit in account if its not traded and actually earn something?

2. VOLUME

VOLUME

Most places give you fed rate minus a percentage point (which leaves you with nothing right now).

3. I agree, interest is nonexistent nowadays (however, fed may be doing smth to improve situation in the near future).

4. So then if earning interest isn't an issue...how about paying it? I know I've seen it mentioned on various websites...so then will I be paying interest or something? Doesn't make sense but I must be missing something.

On a related subject.....anyone know off hand of a money market account that doesn't charge a fee for not having a minimum?