Anyone notice the calls for "less speculation in commodities" totally died down?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Butterball, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Butterball

Butterball

Where are all the guys who were screaming for curbing evil commodity speculation in 2010/2011. Trading & speculation are a good thing when crude goes down. Once oil hits $80 again in a couple years they will come out of the wood works again slamming greedy speculators.

Visaria, m1nt, ktm and 1 other person like this.
  2. rt5909

rt5909

they just rioted at the CBOT building last week. they are still out there. although the crowd wasn't much, they started at 6am, at least 4 hours before many of the eligible rioters even hit the snooze button.

3. clacy

clacy

The politicians know better than to think you can solve commodity prices by curbing speculation, but that doesn't mean they can't score political points by doing so when prices are high.

4. jsp326

jsp326

I'd be out in the streets protesting, but I can't figure out what to call it. When prices are high, some claim oil companies and gas stations are price gouging. So what do we have now... price disengouging, or anti-gouging or what? I demand they bring up oil prices...until it gets over $2.50/gallon, then I'll call them out for price gouging again!