Anyone notice no one is whining about how govt hates whites after Nashville flood?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, May 13, 2010.

1. So rightly blaming the Fed's is somehow dismissing the responsibility of other authorities, that's one weird ass way to reason things.

#11     May 13, 2010
  2. CARROLL: Thank you, everyone, for joining us today. On the call today we have Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen; we have Nashville Mayor Karl Dean; FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate; and Red Cross Senior Vice President for Disaster Services Joe Becker.

As you know, the President has declared a major disaster for the state of Tennessee, and FEMA personnel are currently on the ground as part of the state’s response and recovery effort. And FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate is actually making his second trip to Tennessee and FEMA personnel went down in support today.

Governor, I'm going to turn the call over to you.

GOVERNOR BREDESEN: Absolutely. And thank you all for joining us here. We've had here in Tennessee -- we're speaking from Nashville, which was very hard hit, but we’ve had across the state a lot of communities that have been hit by some very hard flooding. These are -- the range we experienced this last weekend were just completely the black swan of weather events, just something completely unanticipated, unlike anything we've ever seen here before.

I think that from the standpoint of some of you on the call, this thing that happened in Tennessee was sandwiched between everything that was going on in the Gulf and what was happening up in New York, and maybe it didn’t get recognized quite that much. But we're dealing with some pretty serious issues down here.

I have to say that FEMA and the White House have both been absolutely supportive. Very quickly FEMA was on the ground here before the raindrops started falling. This is the Administrator’s second visit down here. The President was on the phone to me before the sun came up practically on Monday morning. Slightly after it came up, other people from the White House had called and checked in with us and helped. I've had a couple long conversations with Secretary Napolitano about how she could help.

I have been -- I was mayor of Nashville for eight years before being governor, now seven. I've never seen this kind of a response to things that have happened. We’ve had our share of tornadoes and those kinds of things. So I'm -- certainly from my perspective as governor, we have a lot of issues to deal with; I'm very, very pleased with the response that we've gotten from the administration...

http://www.articleant.com/p/gov/782...looding-in-tennessee-with-fema-administr.html

#12     May 13, 2010
  3. Yes, Bredesen is a democrat of course he's not going to turn and stab a dem administration in the back.... However, it still doesn't confront the issue. No one was whining about the lack of federal aid in Nashville. There was barely even any media attention. Yet, noone was whining about how the fed wasn't helping. Or accusing them of purposefully ignoring it so that white people would die. Why?

#13     May 13, 2010