Anyone not making 200k a year from trading is a piker

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by gmst, Jul 2, 2013.

Serious answers please - A successful trader is a piker

1. if he makes less than 100k a year

38 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. if he makes less than 200k a year

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. if he makes less than 300k a year

6 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. if he makes less than 500k a year

21 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. trader99

trader99

You have a valid point. I was just giving a solid example to support ssrrkk points about well-paying corporate jobs making trading a mute point. Yes, it's true it's hard to get those jobs. And not everyone will qualified or have the experience to get those.
    My point was NOT that people should aim for 7 figure salaries! My point was about equivalent reward for commensurate risk.

However, even an average mid-level technical knowledge worker(software eng, managers, high level analysts,etc.) still make at least low six figures(100K++ bonuses and benefits,etc.)

I think it will be hard pressed for a daytrader to be consistently making 100K+ on a 10K or 30K account. Even with OPM at prop, it would be difficult.

I can say this is because I've been on both side of the fence(prop and corporate).

To those traders who can consistently crank out low six figures earnings year after year, then hats off to them. They have an enviably lifestyle and freedom that few corporate employees enjoy.

Life is about tradeoffs. You just make your choices and live with it. Or straddle both worlds but not mastering any.

#111     Jul 9, 2013