Anyone Made 100%+ a Year Consistently With Futures Or Know Of Anyone Who Has?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RichLyons, May 16, 2017.

1. 20K *2^15yrs =$20,000 * 32768 =$65,536,000

#21     May 21, 2017
  2. %%
    Skip the drawdowns,[ that varies anyway] LOL. Click up a 12 month TX Tea [CrudeLight]chart; up > 6.59%=/ [open to close]. Co magnum could most likely tell you how to trade better than, that buy + hold; especially with the 12 month hi/low /40 to $58/+ Numbers are not exact; ticker symbol ''OIL''did not do that well;so better find something better to trade than than that ''liquid'' ETF.

#22     May 22, 2017
  3. tortoise

tortoise

You're failing to take into account liquidity effects as account size grows. Very quickly, you'll reach the practical scaling limits of your trading methodology, at which point you're no longer compounding but generating cash flow.

Not a bad state of affairs, that. But hardly billionaire status.

#23     Jul 14, 2017
    johnnyrock and murray t turtle like this.
  4. DDR

DDR

It's a shame your heading didn't say 30% a year because now by saying 100% it confirms your completely delusional

#24     Jul 14, 2017
  5. Mtrader

Mtrader

Depends of what and how you trade. For a good daytrader 100% is not a problem.

Proofs again that people always think others trade what they trade. And always they think black or white, never in shades from black to white.

#25     Jul 15, 2017
  6. Mtrader

Mtrader

ET is filled with smart to even brilliant people (according to themselves). But that makes it so funny that big mathematical errors are even not recognized by any of the geniuses.

The result is not $65,536,000 as calculated, but $655,360,000. Just 1 zero of difference, but in $ this "zero error" is worth $589,824,000. I start to better understand how genius the geniuses are on ET. And when papertrading they will not see the error. For that you need a REAL account. Then you would also understand that this logic of eternal compounding is wrong and unrealistic.

I never take anything for granted that other people tell. I always check for myself. Now you know why.
    Before learning to trade people should maybe first learn to calculate? At least to the level just beyond kindergarten? LOL.

#26     Jul 15, 2017
  7. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Serious question here. Wouldn't proper pyramiding during a bull run in grains, live cattle or even the ES lead to exponential capital gains?

Up to this point I have blown up three different times pyramiding at the exact wrong Time! So any suggestions on pyramiding would be welcome.

#27     Jul 15, 2017
  8. Mtrader

Mtrader

You should understand that exponential works in both ways, profits and losses. The loss side you apparently know already. Now find out the way to the profit side.

#28     Jul 15, 2017
  9. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Until I come up with a better plan I will reduce leverage as the account grows.

#29     Jul 15, 2017
  10. Mtrader

Mtrader

Smart to do, even if you make almost always money. I always take money out of my account whene a certain level is reached. This also helps you to avoid a complete wipeout.

#30     Jul 15, 2017