Anyone Made 100%+ a Year Consistently With Futures Or Know Of Anyone Who Has?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RichLyons, May 16, 2017.

1. Mtrader

Mtrader

So you can make 50% in less than 3 months but nobody can make 100% in 1 year? I thought that only the pope could speak in dogmas.
    Your 50% in less then 3 months equals (not compounded) over 200% a year. According to your own logic you should be billionaire. Even much faster than in 15-20 years.

Are you James Simons? LOL.

#11     May 17, 2017
  2. Butterball

Butterball

You're clueless. Obviously you skipped your statistics classes.

#12     May 17, 2017
    Muffhands, Van_der_Voort_4 and birzos like this.
  3. Mtrader

Mtrader

Well it is funny that a genious like you cannot make 100% while an idiot like me can.
    Can you explain in very simple words for me how I trade, what my stats are? How massive are my PnL's? Because without them you cannot judge my returns or possible returns.
    Watch in your crystal ball or if you prefer in your butterball.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    #13     May 17, 2017
  4. birzos

birzos

Retail are funny, and apparently idiotically stupid being illiterate, because as previously said generating triple digit income returns is relatively simple, generating triple digit capital is not. Over 1,000s posts and still doesn't understand the difference between logarithmic income and exponential capital generation.

Exactly, referencing the illiterate part you can see why, too funny.

#14     May 17, 2017
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

He did ask the same question in all subforums (stock,options,etc.)

#15     May 17, 2017
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

+1. That said, I give Seykota, the Turtles and other Market Wizard-profiled traders full credit. In hindsight we can say it was "easy money." But back then, the Average Joe commodity/stock trader had no idea how to backtest or design mechanical trend-following systems. This was long before Excel, charting packages, web-based backtesting applications, etc.

#16     May 17, 2017
    johnnyrock and murray t turtle like this.
  7. %%
    Some of that stuff still works; good points,MKT. Easier to make 100% when the silver market goes up limit up 10 days in a row, than keep it ;Bunker Hunt proved that.

Even though most maybe lose buying cheap options, like lotto,LOL tickets+ the stats prove that.
    But since he asked about more than futures;
    strangely ,some made better than 100%/ many millions, buying cheap oil options, in TX. NOT thru an exchange; TX TEA producers.

#17     May 17, 2017
  8. Most have a hard time earning a profit. Here's an example from 2015, they didn't post their results from 2016. I wonder why...

#18     May 17, 2017
  9. comagnum

comagnum

Anyone Made 100%+ a Year Consistently With Futures Or Know Of Anyone Who Has?

The best of the best futures traders of all time are closer to 50% when looking beyond 10 years.

Keep in mind many traders that have a potential to make over 50% often hit 30%+ draw downs and eventually blow up. You always see shooting star traders with 1-3 years of triple digit returns - most of them fade into the single digit returns or blow up.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    #19     May 17, 2017
    murray t turtle and shatteredx like this.
  10. traider

traider

How do u calculate returns when futures are leveraged?

#20     May 21, 2017
    murray t turtle and aquarian1 like this.