Anyone living (lived) in a pareado or adosado in spain?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by blueraincap, Apr 29, 2019.

1. So high taxes, poor demographic outlook, lack of competitive strengths(At least in the south), and huge and ever increasing crowds of 3rdworld immigrants to already crappy places. How can Europe (except Germany, Netherlands, etc) survive?

#61     Jun 29, 2019
  2. Took a rather full night bus from san Sebastian to barcelona. Two apparently African immigrants kept talking to each other loudly, on the phone put on speaker, music on speaker. Then another guy started playing some mideast Islamic music on speaker to compete which turned the bus to an uncoordinated rave party. Nobody said a word. Maybe saying anything would be considered racist

#62     Jun 29, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  3. I would be careful about the friendliness and remind my kid not to hang out with them. Otherwise this time next year you kid will be in some heroin rehab centre. Call me an ass but I would rather be on the safe side on befriending apparently uneducated immigrant families, having spent high school time with some Vietnamese gangsters myself

#63     Jun 29, 2019
  4. d08

d08

Your paragraph explained 21st century in Europe in just a few lines. Quite amazing.

#64     Jun 29, 2019
  5. luisHK

luisHK

Uh... skate parks are usually not high end meet up places but we didn't stay in the dodgier area to play... I m not too hung up either, i prefer my kids spends hours playing outside than spend them studying piano indoor.
    Btw while heroin probably only attracts a niche market there are quite a few drugs in Europe and laws are usually understanding toward consumers. If it scares u ur kids ever do drugs yeah, that s probably another reason to avoid Europe. I d rather they don' t but must plan they do some. Lots of kids do Ok despite doing drugs

#65     Jun 29, 2019
  6. luisHK

luisHK

About Suburbs in Europe, usually in Europe one find very posh areas downtown, there s less of a call for well off folks to live in the suburbs. Paris has very strong social differences between east and west, a little less between North and South. But yes From Gare du Nord to CDG airport is what a lot of Parisians would call hell on earth.
    Anyone with a dime on his name would avoid them like the plague, but just coming from the Eurostar and waiting for a cab in Gare du Nord is quite an insight into dodgy Paris

#66     Jun 29, 2019
  7. luisHK

luisHK

BTW I like in Spain that lots of migrants hail from Latin america and I ve seen so many Chinese those last few years that any other origin tend to be welcome nowadays. Don t even mind Chinese as long as they are not overwhelming.
    We re probably going to settle in the most expensive of the 182 or so cities in Madrid so overall the area is not too dodgy, but that downtown suburb sure is

#67     Jun 29, 2019
  8. luisHK

luisHK

Or maybe they were afraid, thinking complaining wasn't worth the risk? Ime confronting foreigners who flout openly what s legal or at least acceptable won t attract u issue from locals, rascism is actually strong in Europe and largely accepted outside the medias. plus this is not rascism, just confronting folks who? act like assholes. But that doesn't mean if u don't have the courage to intervene, someone will find that courage for you.
    Not sure how u ended up on a night bus, there are no trains on that route? !?
    Also ime just a little extra cost tend to weed off a lot of the indesirable. I have had very little chance to take 2nd class train in the last 15years but in France 2nd class was a mess, bunch of dodgy kids swearing loudly and smoking joints wasn't uncommon. Just paying a few bucks more for a 1st class ticket( nothing to compare with 1st class in planes) would sharply increase the chances of peaceful journey. I sure would avoid long distance buses in Europe.
    Sports is a bit similar, skate parks are free and skates are cheap, the crowd is mixed there. Go to a bike only place where a family must spend 500euros up on gear ( i met young Chinese kids who go around on 3000usd bikes, spanish seem more modest) and the crowd is firmly middle class. Same if u start going to paying arenas, sometimes a small entry fee is enough to clean up a bunch.
    I m still cool with taking Junior to public skate parks btw, although he s less keen on hitting a skate bowl since his nasty fall.

#68     Jun 29, 2019
  9. Soft drugs are ok for me as I grew up with friends smoking weed all days, but I didn't do to save money. But teenagers need to have discipline to know the line to not cross, which is risky if people around cross the line.

#69     Jun 29, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  10. Any immigrants that don't squat or rob are considered acceptable. Gare du nord is not that bad actually, you should start walking all the way up to saint Dennis to experience the African colony.
    Usually I rent a car or use train but sometimes bus is more convenient when travelling with a big dog

#70     Jun 29, 2019