Anyone knows about John Richardson?

Discussion in 'Options' started by zaitoichi, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Chuck Norris, on the other hand...

#31     Feb 21, 2011
  2. bravo87

bravo87

Thanks everyone! Being new to ET, I appreciate all your responses. I have been trading for 5 years or so, mainly covered calls which I do enjoy trading and then this particular system fell in my lap, but based on the responses, I guess not everyone thinks favorably about this strategy based upon their experiences. With that being said, My question would be if he trades based on theta decay and market movement, how would the volatility(VIX) affect this or would it? Because it seems if market moves sideways, then the theta decay kicks in nicely, but not so if market starts trending in an up or down direction. Hopefully this makes some sense. Thanks

#32     Feb 21, 2011
  3. sle

sle

Yeah, but his definition of Sharpe ratio is a touch different since he's using Violence in the denominator... nonetheless, I don't think Chuck would bother with the seminars

#33     Feb 22, 2011
  4. He claimed he will do some "adjustment" when the market touch certain of his price, please be aware that when you do "adjustment", you are betting if the trend continue OR reverse, and you either will loss or win (in this case recoup some of your loss). When this guy claim he never loss, which mean he alway adjust in the "right" direction, this raise my suspect as no one can be right all the time.

P/S - BWB based on some support levels is a loser strategy. :)

Any comment ? :D :D

#34     Feb 22, 2011
  5. hlpsg

hlpsg

If he's really trading BWBs, then one side is obviously a credit spread, then he'd be lying.

#35     Mar 19, 2011
  6. Is anyone currently using his strategy? Based on his webinar and performance record, it seems to be a viable strategy; however, it's hard to pay $2k for a "look see" that may be a typical BWB trade with planned adjustment levels...

thanks for your feedback,

Walt

#36     Jul 30, 2011
  7. Based on his marketing materials you watched and the jacked-up record he shows as part of that marketing effort, it seems to be a viable strategy????

If I took a shit in a box and slapped a guarantee on it, then all you really have is a guaranteed piece of shit (paraphrased from Farley).

What marketing effort would not make it look viable so you would want to throw your money at it? Would the website come out and say "This system does not work well and I am down 20% for the year"

Anyone with a good system can always trade it and make more money without the bullshit of marketing and other regulatory hurdles.

#37     Aug 2, 2011
  8. Can I give you $100 to trade your John Richardson's Course. It would be appreciated.

#38     Jan 5, 2014
  9. sle

sle

Darn! If a coaster goes for 100, maybe that's what I should do instead of trading...

#39     Jan 5, 2014
  10. I'll take that as you think I'm stupid for wanting to pay $100 for the course. Are you familiar with the course? Is it really just junk?
    Appreciate your thoughts as I wouldn't want to be scammed out of $2000 if I had to buy the course directly from John Richardson. I was seriously considering it.:confused:

#40     Jan 5, 2014