Anyone know why the selloff at 3pm?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sammybea, May 21, 2007.

1. yea it was yesterday

a program triggered the selling

#21     May 22, 2007
  2. stktrdr

stktrdr

Yes, it looks like bulls got a taste of new highs and then we sold off into the close again.

Tomorrow, the bulls will get another taste of new highs. The smart ones will take profits but the arrogant neophytes will be too busy posting silly comments on this site and will miss the opportunity....

#22     May 22, 2007
  3. The selling off is due to nervousness before a slew of numbers due out on thurs

The higher the market goes (following its current trajectory) before the numbers are released the more likely they are to fail

likewise the lower the market goes into the numbers the greater the dds the numbers will be deemed favorable.

A middle ground is created form this.

#23     May 22, 2007
  4. stktrdr

stktrdr

And here we have the taste of new highs. The next time I post I expect it will be to update ya'll on what will be called the "Memorial Day Massacre of the Bulls"...

What's interesting is that a top in the next couple of days would coincide nicely with the expected cycle low in treasuries.

#24     May 23, 2007
  5. its a time 2 buy bull market

long on DDM

and makign $$$ this morning

#25     May 23, 2007
  6. stktrdr

stktrdr

I tip my hat to you in admiration for your steadfast conviction. I trust you will equally humble when this market turns....

#26     May 23, 2007
  7. stktrdr

stktrdr

This afternoon selloff will be BOUGHT. We will close at or near the highs. Everyone will be eurphoric and tomorrow they will get their heads handed to them on a silver platter.

#27     May 23, 2007
  8. No it probably wont

we'll have to wait for the data tommorow before the market will trade with real conviction on either side

#28     May 23, 2007
  9. stktrdr

stktrdr

hmmmm....maybe i was wrong about the dip being bought....looks like the net buyers are weaker than i thought....

An early start to the Memorial Day Massacre of the bulls? I don't think so. My preferred scenario is for a bounce back into the close and for the selloff to start tomorrow.

#29     May 23, 2007
  10. The market is pricing in poor numbers. Durables and housing due tommorow at 5:30 AM

#30     May 23, 2007