Anyone know why futures shot up so high today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by tetuan01, Feb 18, 2008.

1. tetuan01

tetuan01

I haven't seen any news that would warrant the huge spike in ER2, ES, NQ and YM this morning. Anyone know what is going on?

2. European indexes were up. ES/YM etc. went up in sync.

3. rickf

rickf

Maybe it was some new French trader's first day on the job?

*ducks*

4. opt789

opt789

Europe: FTSE +2.75%, DAX +1.98%, CAC +1.89%
    Media is ascribing it to Qatar's bank investment and Northern Rock's bailout.

5. Thats clear. Do you remember what happened last time when US was closet (excuse me but during past month this word fits better what is happening by you there especially looking on dollar, yes, closet , thats corect ).

So now it is opposite - to show that not only the Wall street is leading business world in the blue sky

6. Bowgett

Bowgett

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aeauzhw1rBTw&refer=home

plus

Barclays and Lloyds, which are seeking to quell concern about financial institutions, are expected to report ``robust'' results, the newspaper said. Barclays will lift its dividend by 10 percent on Feb. 19, the Times reported, without saying where it got the information.

7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

More buyers than sellers today, technically it was a buyers market, from 240 down to 5 min chart.

8. ganesh6

ganesh6

9. Bowgett

Bowgett

I am thinking of buying XLF on open. We might have a good run for a couple of days. It will probably gap up so we'll see..