anyone know what nymex symbol will be?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chanster, Nov 15, 2006.

1. i'm reading could open up 100% at $100 or more

2. According to my Bloomberg NMX.

3. S2007S

S2007S

this ipo is going to be pretty big for 2006, stock could easily see 75+ on Friday.

4. cramer said buy at any price and he's my hero so i'll buy

5. Yeah, NMX and it can already be loaded into IB.

What about the IPO holders unloading throughout the day?

6. When is it opening?

7. hels02

hels02

NMX is supposed to be priced tonite... but with the anticipation, I can't even imagine what it will actually open at. You can trade it now on some brokerages (that is, it's open for trade, with no price).

For those ready to hop in 'at any price'... I'd be a bit wary of doing that. In 1999, the IPO's often CRUSHED people at the opening from all the naive people placing market orders. I've seen that happen to a lot of people, and the losses in some cases were 300%.

In this bull market, it would not be wise to 'buy at any price' with only 6 mil shares out and the whole world waiting for the open...

8. I gotta wonder how hard it's going to be to get a limit order in. I think the price will move faster than you can type.

9. hels02

hels02

I just placed a limit order for NMX. I tried on 3 different brokerages, only Etrade accepted it (Etrade used to give selected reserve shares of new IPO's to their Power Traders AT the IPO price, so apparently they handle IPO orders differently).

I doubt I'll get filled... but it will be fun to watch the madness tomorrow:).

10. What price did you choose?

#10     Nov 16, 2006