Anyone know what happened..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sammybea, Jan 13, 2006.

1. acrary

acrary

"Tell" trade was at 12:20 - 12:25. This was a residual of that to position for the afternoon. Very common during noon-2:30 pm.

#11     Jan 17, 2006
  2. Now we know

Inside info?

#12     Jan 17, 2006
  3. acrary

acrary

More like a poker player checking the opponents hands by betting at the pot. The player gets the info. Other players that can observe also get the same info. The 12:20-25 trades were a test to see if the market had legs underneath it. It did.

#13     Jan 18, 2006
  4. MAD10

MAD10

<b>More like a poker player checking the opponents hands by betting at the pot. The player gets the info. Other players that can observe also get the same info. The 12:20-25 trades were a test to see if the market had legs underneath it. It did.</b>

Interesting observation Acrary. How many players can do that on that scale? Do you know anyone who actually does this? Can you elaborate more on the theme?
    Thanks.

I'd love to share info instead of asking all these questions but really do not have anything concrete on the topic, just a lot of speculation. I am tempted to develop strategies around that idea. It will require a substantial amount of capital, risk appetite, stomach of a great white, and conviction. However, seems like a great way to "predict" the market -sort of like poking at a great beast to see if it is alive...

#14     Mar 6, 2006
  5. Market is too big for any one player to make a bet into the pot to see the cards others are holding ..i.e., try to check if the market has legs...

Probably the move is related to rise in bond yields. Also note that in the last two weeks, there have been 5 distribution days vs. zero accumulation days in the SP500.

...anyway, remember the best way to sell stocks is on the way down.

#15     Mar 6, 2006
  6. range

range

I was surprised that the market was not stronger this morning, with Bush safe in the US after visiting Pakistan and with the announcement of the ATT/BellSouth deal. Bought ES last night but only booked a 1 point profit this morning. Seems like the market was heavy coming into Monday morning. I'll bet there was selling into what would have been a stronger morning. And then, buyers this morning had to puke this afternoon........

#16     Mar 6, 2006
  7. Market tanks, and the explanation is sell program?

real pros we got here.

#17     Mar 6, 2006