Anyone know of tricks to beating other traders..

Discussion in 'Trading' started by efh1108, Jan 13, 2011.

1. efh1108

efh1108

Does anyone have any tricks to beating other traders? I think that I have the NYSE open book covered and it as if someone is spying on my computer. I will put in a bid, assuming I have the highest, and someone puts in my bid every time I bid at the same time before me. Obviously, I am very new and am just learning the ropes of this supposedly cut throat game. Is there a way I can prevent this and get an edge over these people? I am just trying to learn all this as I go :)

2. spindr0

spindr0

Hack into their internet banking accounts :D

3. jjf

jjf

You just need to be one tick in front of the big boys. That is all there is to it.

4. Are you sure the bid is "before" you? If the trigger for a program to put a higher bid in is your bid, your order should have an earlier timestamp, unless you're being illegally frontrun (you're not).

5. Yes!

Throw sand in the eyes and then hit em with a round house!

6. efh1108

efh1108

Good advice! Thanks!

7. Carl Spackler: I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this dude's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lYm0c7gYyU&feature=related
    the best i can offer :D

8. NoDoji

NoDoji

I have growing concern for KTS's well-being. First, he's crawling around inside charts. Now, it seems he's contemplating crawling around inside dudes' pelts. Also, he has way more posts than me, despite joining ET two months after I did.

9. you don't get my humor do you?

it's sunday for chrst sake, lighten up

10. NoDoji

NoDoji

Oh, sure, "killthesunshine" telling ME to "lighten up"!

Moderators! Control this treachery!!!

:p

#10     Jan 16, 2011