Anyone Know much about SwiftTrade??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by c_verm, Oct 4, 2003.

1. DC33

DC33

swift trade
    had some experience there .. yes their paying scheduel is alwasy changing but essentially its the same.. you get pay about 35% of what you make

good thing is if you are welling to spent 4 month to learn how to trade you can do that with swifttrade and put up $0 ... making more then $5000 per month is very very low in swift trade when i was there .. average was around $8000 .......but back then the exchange rate was 1.6 so the pay was much much larger .. now the exchange rate is 1.33

different branch of swifttrade will have different enviroment? Montreal, London Victoria are some of the nicer branches . so if you are wlling to spent 3-4 month to learn the way they trade then its a good deal i guess

#21     Nov 12, 2003
  2. axehawk

axehawk

They pay you in Canadian? That is bs.

#22     Nov 12, 2003
  3. mnx

mnx

I had my first interview with swifttrade on friday. I applied for to be a prop trader in hamilton office which is starting up in january. I've read every post i could find on here about swifttrade and I've found a lot of conflicting information.

First of all in this thread I read that they have a base salary + benefits, I guess that is only after the 'training period'? (c_verm where'd ya here this?) And there is no monthly minimum anymore? (I've read 7000, 5000, 4000 and 0, I believe the most recent posts were $0) I guess I still have to make 4000 at some point within the first few months to be promoted from trainee to trader? Or are the above details different for different branches?

Is it at all possible to make money during your first few months there? (I understand that since I have no trading experience I won't.)

Please if you don't work there or haven't worked there for a long time don't bother responding because I'm looking for recent relevant (true) information. Thanks.

P.S. anyone know Nick Jackson or Dan Merriam of the Toronto branch? Nick is going to be manager in hamilton and it sounds like Dan will be the trainer/mentor... They seemed like good guys... Just wondering if they'll be good guys to work with/for.

mnx

#23     Dec 6, 2003
  4. c_verm

c_verm

I looked at their Job aplication about one month ago on MSN Jobs. It said there that they had base sallary + commision.

I wanted to trade with them for quite some time and when I got talking to people show worked there i quickly changed my mind. I thought it would be a good change but I like my comfortable trading strategy. I dont need to be bossed around by jerks by the sounds of it.

But if you are new to the markets and live with your parents, Well Hey you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain!!
    Go for it.

#24     Dec 6, 2003
  5. mnx

mnx

That's me. =D

Hopefully I get a 2nd interview. . .

mnx

#25     Dec 7, 2003
  6. Marwan

Marwan

HI everybody,
    I'll have information seminar in Hamilton branch of swifttrade,