Anyone Know much about SwiftTrade??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by c_verm, Oct 4, 2003.

1. c_verm

c_verm

SwiftTrade has a base salary now with benefits. It could be worth a shot? I wonder on what terms they can fire you?? I guess if your not making money for a certain amount of time?

#11     Oct 17, 2003
  2. axehawk

axehawk

I thought they got rid of base salary a long time ago.
    :confused:

#12     Oct 17, 2003
  3. Momento

Momento

Just the fact that their payout is FOREVER changing... should make you think twice already. shouldn't it?

#13     Oct 17, 2003
  4. Fredrik

Fredrik

There was an article in the metro-area free newspaper "Metro" about SwiftTrade the other day. How have things changed around there?

#14     Nov 8, 2003
  5. Here's a picture of the president of Swift Trade. Perhaps he's too busy making money to find time for a haircut?

#15     Nov 8, 2003
  6. Question

Question

Swift is a good deal if you understand what it is all about.

You will not make any money if you do not do over 5k profit.

They will be looking to boot you if you post even small losses for a couple of months.

The good news is you do not have to put up any money.
    The bad news is if you are a new trader you probably will not make any.

Bottom line.

A good place to go in use their money for 2-3 months. Obviously you want to turn a profit, but as a new trader you probably will not. ( I am assuming you are a new trader since you are looking at swift)
    If you do turn a profit it is a good spot to start and after 1-2 years maybe you look for something else.

And Dat the Truth

#16     Nov 8, 2003
  7. Fredrik

Fredrik

Thanks, yes, I am a new trader. I think it would be a good learning experience, but just not sure if I want to go without pay for 3 months. I have a half-decent job now, pay is not great, but at least it's regular. I'm just trying to find a way into the industry. Maybe I can change batteries in headsets on the trading floor at a large firm for a year or so, and see what happens from there.

#17     Nov 9, 2003
  8. "Not sure if you want to go without PAY for 3 months" ?? Then keep your job, as long as you enjoy it, save your money, start trading for yourself. No one will "pay" you unless you're making them a lot of money. The other Swift partner came down to our office, and attended our training (not that he needed to, since their style doesn't really include trading, at least not at that time....more of the liqudity payment angle). Sharp people (the owners)......Good technical people....a "unique" business model to be sure.

Don

#18     Nov 9, 2003
  9. axehawk

axehawk

Wow. What a startling picture. I wonder if he looks in the mirror in the morning and says, "Man, I look sweet!".

LOL.

#19     Nov 9, 2003
  10. cashola

cashola

Dear Moderator....

Any quip about the head of swifttrade comes with some artistic licence. A major business success he had was in Hungary as a condom mogul so any humorous association between his appearance and elastic past is offered honestly. The risk of litigious action from swifttrick is likely exaggerated. The censorship might have been premature...(or the comments were Pre-mature...):)

#20     Nov 11, 2003