Anyone know anything about ETG?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ChaosNSX, Jan 31, 2003.

1. I don't believe ETG had changed it's name.

And another note, ETG Palm Beach office is hiring too.

#21     Feb 2, 2003
  2. axehawk

axehawk

Silk,

What was there reason ETG wouldn't hire you?
    Also, where did you make 7 figures?

#22     Mar 5, 2003
  3. I interviewed with ETG, they hired me and I have made 7 figures. Big deal. I am sure that ETG (and all the other firms) hire people they wish they hadn't and regret turning away some they did. Silk's saying that firms should hire everyone or give everyone a shot is misguided.

#23     Mar 6, 2003
  4. ETG is the one firm i haven't heard anybody bad mouth yet.

The only complaint seems to be the 3 year contract In florida non-competes are null and void anyway so you could quit ETG and go down the street to Worldco or some other shop and they can't stop you.

Also seems like they have some selectiveness in who they hire so the turnover probably isn't quite as bad which would make for a nicer work environment.

Anybody know how bad the turnover is at ETG ?

#24     Mar 6, 2003
  5. for that matter, how about Shoenfeld?

#25     Mar 6, 2003
  6. at least half the people that started 2-3 years ago have left. they learn how to trade, then jet for a better deal with higher payout.

i for one, would be extremely reluctant to ever start a group, or even a prop firm. it's just not worth it. you teach people, then they leave for an extra tenth of a cent. a hedge fund maybe, but that's it. to start a prop firm these days, you would have to have some other edge, technology like EGM, add-ons like bright, or something.

#26     Mar 6, 2003
  7. Most professionals around do know of ETG. They dont spend a lot of money on advertising nor do they have a booth at the show. They are small, and like to take new traders in and train them, and try to keep them there for a few years until their contract expires.

Like most firms, they have their ups and downs, just depends on what you are looking for. If you have no money, they may be a good match. I interviewed with them early in my career, but didnt find that it was a good match for me.

I hear Bob Kanter in no longer in charge over there, and has been passed down to Jeff. I did hear that SLK may have had a stake in ETG but who knows, not really important to me.

#27     Mar 6, 2003
  8. ETG is a very good firm. Bob Kantor is a very honorable individual. They begain in 1993 in NY.

#28     Jul 2, 2003
  9. I was wondering if ETG offers its traders the e-minis -- and the rate ???

#29     Jul 3, 2003
  10. you can trade futures there, and options. but, this is only for people who have been there and established themselves as profitable traders - for a significant period of time. do not know the rates for futures.

#30     Jul 3, 2003