Anyone know a good place to start for Commodity jobs in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Martim, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Martim

Martim

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

If you're in college...talk with your guidance counselor to see if they can get your feet in the door via an internship.

Yet, if you're an Alum (you've graduated years ago)...give your university a phone call and do the same...start networking that route even if they can not find any internships. In fact, I knew two guys that re-enroll at a nearby university in Chicago (they took a few business classes even though they graduated many years ago) just so they can access the available internships.

wrbtrader

3. Martim

Martim

I graduated in 2009...been a full decade :) you think that option will still work?

4. Sure. Just make sure your resume doesn't include work experience and dye your hair.

GregorySG9, jl1575 and wrbtrader like this.
  5. Martim

Martim

:(

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I know several that returned to college about 3 - 4 years ago after graduating in the early 1990s...they took business classes and joined the university trading team...competed in a few international trading competitions such as the Rotman @ https://ritc.rotman.utoronto.ca/

Landed a few internships and today now have jobs in Chicago, Montréal, Paris France and London U.K.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    coplii and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  7. Martim

Martim

Thank you for this...appreciated.

wrbtrader likes this.
  8. Sig

Sig

Chicago Booth's a great MBA program for finance. A bigger commitment than a couple of classes, but you'll easily be able to network/internship you way into a job through that and 9 years out of undergrad is still in the window.

dealmaker likes this.
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

pricegroup.com

10. Martim

Martim

Amazing. Thank you for this!

#10     Jul 10, 2019