Anyone interview with Optiver?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rbenedict, Aug 9, 2006.

1. The answer to 1 is 401, the next number is the sum of the last 4 numbers (since 400 is not an answer, your formula is wrong).

I am assuming that for a pattern to exist, that you have to be able to quantify it into an equation. So for num 2, you could say that every other number is 6,8,10, but also 18 div 6 is 3, and 24 div by 8 is 3.

BTW, I agree with asia prop, an equivalent to giving this test is to see if you are tone deaf. I wonder, are tone deaf people good at trading???

#81     Jul 1, 2010
  2. Oh yeah, what about a test where we make people dizzy and make them say the alphabet backwards. Or make them drink exhorbitant amounts then subject them to loud music.

Oh wait, that's hazing. Plus, I never said I wanted to join a frat.

Just thinking ahead to some interview strategies if I ever get to that point.

BTW, whoever said that passing such tests is pure talent is dead wrong.

#82     Jul 1, 2010
  3. Yeah I don't think you get all supertraders that way but I think it works for them a couple of ways. How are they supposed to evaluate people except in this way? Selecting numbermonkeys exclusively probably gives them a good pool and likely aids in social cohesion -- I mean can you imagine the parties at that place?

#83     Jul 2, 2010