Anyone interview with Optiver?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rbenedict, Aug 9, 2006.

1. You have to hum the SC fight song over and over while doing your arith. test.

Bone up.

#21     May 15, 2007
  2. i already passed the math tests, will be meeting the head trader and hr in this round.
    any pointers, and besides, we kicked usc's ass this year.

#22     May 15, 2007
  3. Ishan

Ishan

Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about the numerical test at optiver regarding the following:

1) do you have to take the test on a pc or in hard copy form?

2) Is the test time constrained per question (by this a mean that after a few seconds the test jumps to the next question, regardless if you answered it or not)

or time constrained for the test as a whole? (By this i mean that you can take as much time per question as you like)

I have the test coming up soon.
    I'm looking forward to your early responses.

Regards,

#23     Apr 28, 2009
  4. 1) I took the "first test" 18 months ago. It was with paper and pencil.
    2) There were no time constraints per question.
    3) FWIW....do not skip questions, practice as much as you can with the test simulators and sit as far away as possible from the other applicants while taking the exam.

#24     Apr 28, 2009
  5. Ishan

Ishan

Many thanks Nazzdack!
    Where can i find this "test simulators" ?
    Why do you advice me to sit as far away as possible applicants while taking the test?

kind Regards

#25     Apr 29, 2009
  6. If you can't pass the first round test with minimal prep, than you don't have the mental quickness it takes to succeed at market making.

You should focus your attention on the second round test. Do as many mind benders / probability questions that you can get your hands on.

#26     Apr 29, 2009
  7. Ishan

Ishan

Does anyone know where I can find the test simulators?

Thanks in advance

Ishan

#27     Apr 29, 2009
  8. 1) Do a username search here with "dennisf".
    2) You may get "spooked" by someone else who is writing down answers faster than you are.

#28     Apr 29, 2009
  9. Ishan

Ishan

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how optiver calculates the total score?
    If i'm correct: one good answer is one point. one incorrect or blank answer gives a deduction of one point. This means that in order to obtain 55 points you need to answer 68 questions correct (68 points) and are allowed to answer 12 questions incorrect (-12) which leaves you with a score of 68-12= 56 points!

Is this true are do I just need to answer 55 questions correct?

Please help out

Greets

#29     May 12, 2009
  10. When I took it, it was:
    1) Correct answers are credited 1 point.
    2) Incorrect answers are penalized 2 points.
    3) Skips/omissions are penalized 2 points.
    4) Do not skip any questions and pray that you don't get problems that involve multiplying a 4-digit number by another 4 -digit number early in the test.
    5) You'll probably have to answer atleast 60 correctly with only a few mistakes to hit the mid-50's. :cool:

#30     May 12, 2009