Anyone interested in trading my ES scalp system on real account?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Alligatortrader, Jun 17, 2003.

1. MRWSM

MRWSM

Ok, I tried that. I got 494 max value, now what does that represent?:confused:

#11     Jun 21, 2003
  2. MRWSM

MRWSM

Distribution strategy?

#12     Jun 21, 2003
  3. a34567

a34567

Win/loss distribution.

#13     Jun 21, 2003
  4. ..............

What?:eek:

Time to study!

trend

#14     Jun 22, 2003
  5. Eric,

Do you trade systems that trade more than 20 times per hour? How often do you get signals with systems you are currently trading?

I can sell some sysems I've developed in the past. PM me if u are interested and we'll go from there. It's not going to be cheap....

trend:D

#15     Jun 22, 2003
  6. EricP

EricP

I have had days with over 2500 trade executions, although I currently average about half of that. I have many systems that make a huge number of trades per day, while others only trade a few times per month.

It's all about having systems with positive expectancy, coupled with diversification of many systems to offset the inevitable losing streaks in others. Also important, of course, is following your systems without hesitation or second guessing. This is made much easier, I've found, with automation. It's becomes tough to second guess a trade when it's already entered. For me, I don't know about a trade until it's already executed. The trade is entered first, and I see the execution after it's completed.

Some of the benefits of this style of trading is the ability to simultaneously trade numerous systems, and numerous securities on any given system. Some people prefer manual trading, and it works well for them. I could never go back to manual trading after seeing the power and benefits of trade automation these last 4 years.

-Eric

P.S. I'll send you a PM and we can chat a little more about this in private, if you'd like.

#16     Jun 22, 2003
  7. a34567

a34567

A very good concept. Can you talk a little bit more about that?What kind sub-systems do you put together?

Thanks
    JS

#17     Jun 22, 2003
  8. No problem. PM me anytime.:)

Good trade.

trend

#18     Jun 22, 2003
  9. Truer words have never been spoken.

For me, exclusive use of automated systems was the "big breakthrough" toward consistent profits.

#19     Jun 22, 2003
  10. JT47319

JT47319

So why not just employ a "robo" broker? or an auto execution platform?

#20     Jun 22, 2003