Anyone interested in managing an account

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sussex, Nov 3, 2005.

1. trader_pk

trader_pk

Just sitting here in UK - I just wanted to say that I totally agree with cashmonster he has totally hit the nail on the head.

By running with a demo account you get to understand the style and more importantly the personality of a trader. Personalities are very important in any sort of investment relationship such as the one you are seeking.

You also need to think carefully about what sort of person you are expecting to invest in/attract from the other side of the coin. Exceptional returns with very controlled drawdowns require extremely hard work (whether it be reflected in the original development of their winning strategy - or in the gifted ability of a trader day in day out).

Those who have performed at the top of their game consistently through sheer hard work and learning experiences often accumulated over a number of years will be highly unlikely to come out of the shadows (a lot of my trader-friends in the markets prefer the anonymity) and especially are unlikely to consider less than a 50:50 split. If they wanted to manage money and take 25% and were gifted they could easily negotiate a lucrative hedge fund role. If they are making 10% a week or a month or whatever - they are likely to perpetually fund themselves out of profits. Think about it if you make 10% a month (and knew your system worked) you could initally fund 50-100k off the bank and live very comfortably with no outside investors.

Cashmonster is right when he says only go with someone who does not charge a commission - again if a trader knows he can
    make 200k off of 700k on some explosive track record and a 50/50 split they really aren't going to say "can i have 50 cents on each lot please" - people who have a winning system also have complete faith in it.

And Cashmonsters final point is totally true once you find the personality to trade your money and he/she has proven to you on the demo account - just leave them to get on with what they do best. Do NOT check the account intraday or even daily - seeing a trade or two or a whole day go offside might panic you but it is all part of a controlled strategy that someone has already proven to you works. As he says sit back and enjoy it each month.

Good Luck.

#51     Nov 30, 2005
  2. Is this still going on ?

Look, nobody in their right mind would post on ET asking for a fund or money manager.

The response to such a posting ? Ignore it. Its bullflop.

#52     Nov 30, 2005
  3. gnome

gnome

Yet another in this age of connundrums....

Any trader with the track record sussex wants would not consider a demo account... probably wouldn't be interested in any kind of deal for a separate $700K account.

#53     Nov 30, 2005
  4. autocorr

autocorr

hello cashmonster

hedging a long position is nothing else than going flat.

#54     Nov 30, 2005
  5. 1.- HEDGE EURO NOW AT 1.1755 TAKE PROFIT FROM YOUR LONG/BUY WITH ECB HIKE RATES TOMORROW AND LET THE SHORT RUN TOWARDS 1.1550

YOU MAY HAVE A PROFIT AT LEAST OF 300 PIPS AND THAT DEAR FRIEND WAS NOT "FLAT" IS PROTECT YOURSELF AGAINTS LOSSES.

RE-BUY AROUND 1.1400 AND WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER 2006 WITH NO HEDGE THIS TIME JUST LET A LONG RUN POSITION

AND ABOUT THE DEMOS TRADING FOR THOSE WHO RALLY ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT TRADING AND KNOW WHAT THEY DO IM SURE TRADING IS MORE A CHALLENGE THAN A JOB.

THINK 700KAT 25%PER MONTH PROFIT = 175K

FROM THAT 175K SHARE WITH THE TRADER 30%=$52,500 PER MONTH (AVERAGE)

TRADING IS MATTER OF CHECK CHARTS AND NEWS EVERY MINUTE AND IF YOU DO FOR YOURSELF ALREADY AND YOU CAN ADD ANOTHER ROWE TO YOUR PLATFORM AND TRADE FOR 52,500 EXTRA TO YOUR POCKET WOULD YOU SAY NO?

THEN TRADE STOCKS OR OPTIONS...

HAVE A GREAT TRADE!!

#55     Nov 30, 2005
  6. Looks like you understand very well what is "Managing an account (of his own)", which is the thread starter wanted, instead of a pool.

#56     Nov 30, 2005
  7. Supposing your profitable system had been proved in the past to have only 10% MaxDD for a reasonable period of time, naturally you (like every trader would do) would have traded the system for maximising profits by allowing a MaxDD up to say 30% since then. So ...

#57     Nov 30, 2005
  8. I trade both kind, individuals and pools

In onoe single platform you can have both kinds of course in one you will have several inverstors under one account and individual ones like in this case sussex....

and that doesnt mean the funds are mixed all brokerage companies can deliver independent balances to each investor depending of the amount they invest in case of pools and in case of individual accounts like this one we talk here same one single statement.

I understood the first topic. But I doubt a professional trader will decide to trade only ofr one client.

you can set up all the accounts to trade at once with the settings in your platform so why trade for one client when in same click you can buy and sell for you and others and your compensations will be bigger? ad a 700k account yes why not. but exclusively? never.

#58     Nov 30, 2005
  9. Sussex, give me your 700K. I'll go to Vegas, hit the roulette table and throw it all on black. If it works, you just made 100% in one minute. If not, well, it's only money :D

#59     Nov 30, 2005
  10. LOL. :D

#60     Dec 2, 2005