Anyone interested in managing an account

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sussex, Nov 3, 2005.

1. gnome

gnome

Yeah? Well, I'm looking for 50% per month with only a -1% drawdown !! (REAL traders only reply... no weenies.)

#11     Nov 3, 2005
  2. You get 8% (like sussex), nononsense takes 42%. Drawdowns - if any - negotiable. No money management kiddy stuff. (Anything beyond 50% goes to the house).
    PM me.

#12     Nov 3, 2005
  3. sussex

sussex

The crux is there appears no one who can trade with small drawdowns for any length of time when expecting high returns.
    However it has provoked some thought and afew kindly posters have suggested some potential funds.
    I have recently invested some money with a trader who targets >100% but evidently the positions are very highly leveraged and the account swings violently!

Thanks for all your replies.

#13     Nov 3, 2005
  4. Wrong conclusion.
    There is nobody interested in your proposal; this can be because they can't meet the criteria, but it can also be because they don't find the proposal interesting enough.

Having small drawdowns says something about the past, but is not a guarantee at all for the future.

#14     Nov 3, 2005
  5. sussex

sussex

appears no one who can trade with small drawdowns for any length of time

re phrase - few

#15     Nov 3, 2005
  6. Cuspis

Cuspis

Most of those who can achieve these sharpe ratios you are after won't need your 700k. The terms just aren't attractive enough. There are plenty of sources of capital with payouts much higher than 25%.

#16     Nov 3, 2005
  7. rwk

rwk

The ratio of return to max drawdown is what I call 'efficiency' (there's probably a better term for it). I have heard from several well-known traders that 2x is typical for a high-performance trend-follower, meaning 100% return, 50% drawdown. This ignores length of drawdown, which can be a problem too. A high-performance trader can always de-leverage, thereby turning 100% ret/50% dd into 50% ret/25% dd. But it is much harder to increase leverage, and harder still to increase efficiency.

Regarding drawdowns, I still have not found a way to distinguish an normal 50% dd from and account that is down 50% on its way to being down 100%. :D

#17     Nov 3, 2005
  8. I'd be extremely happy to make 15% per year on my investment capital ... but I don't want any monthly drawdowns!

My equity day trading systems make excellent returns with only a rare small weekly drawdown ... but like most good things, they are not scalable.:(

Regards,

Slave2Market

#18     Nov 3, 2005
  9. I could do 60-100% per year BUT not with the acct in your name. Why? I'm not interested in disclosing my trading techniques and strategies. This is why you may have to go with a hedge fund which is properly set up to manage OPM. Most good traders are not going to give away their techniques to somebody who may turn out to be a hedge fund and invite tons of competition for his fills.

#19     Nov 3, 2005
  10. EPrado

EPrado

The problem isnt the drawdowns....its who in their right mind would trade for only a 25 percent cut on a small account like 700k. Horrible deal.

#20     Nov 3, 2005