Anyone interested in developing a new trading platform?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by Bryantrades, Mar 30, 2018.

1. You really think you can make everyone happy all at once. And you are the very first person that thought of this break through concept...lol
    Ever heard of open source? Start here ...
    https://www.quantconnect.com/blog/open-source-algorithmic-trading-platform/

#11     Mar 30, 2018
  2. Esha.J

Esha.J

What kind of new trading platform are you going to offer? What are the new features?

#12     Mar 30, 2018
  3. fan27

fan27

I have been writing software for about 18 years. I can tell you right now this project will likely never get off the ground. It is going to be nearly impossible attracting talented developers to this project given the project initiator (you) really does not have much to bring to the table. That is unless you have strong entrepreneurial abilities and can raise funding for this project. Not trying to be negative but writing good software takes a lot of effort and most of us who write code for a living choose our side projects very sparingly.

#13     Mar 30, 2018
    alex314159 and svrz like this.
  4. Making every trader happy would be an impossible task. Nonetheless, if every innovator stopped his plans due to simple mockery on behalf of others the world would remain stagnant.

#14     Mar 30, 2018
  5. Are there any specific features you would like to see included in a trading platform? Any input I receive from fellow traders is greatly appreciated.

#15     Mar 30, 2018
  6. If you can develop a stable and trustworthy Python, event-driven analysis/automation platform, you’d be golden. I have yet to find one, and some pretty smart guys have been trying to tackle it. Tick data capability would be mandatory.

Here is one example:
    https://www.quantstart.com/qstrader

#16     Mar 30, 2018
    Bryantrades likes this.
  7. If you are not profitable trading with existing platforms, a new platform isn't going to help. Get your millions inline to pay your development team. Good luck and may the force be with you...

#17     Mar 30, 2018
    Zodiac4u likes this.
  8. Awesome. Thanks for providing an honest outlook from someone with experience in the field. I do have some attractive propositions in mind for developers that would be willing to partake in this project.

#18     Mar 30, 2018
  9. Thanks for wishing me the best. No doubt, a platform change should not warrant miraculous profitable results. Once my project is finalized it is most definitely geared toward traders that will find the platform useful in addition to their existing trading conditions, whether they be profitable or not.

#19     Mar 30, 2018
  10. Very interesting! Thank you for providing specific feedback on something that would be of value for you in a trading platform. I'll definitely check out that link.

#20     Mar 30, 2018