Anyone interested in creating Algos for Chinese markets?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by smallpropt, Nov 13, 2016.

1. As above, I have some trade ideas and can get access to the markets (no colocation as of yet).

Do PM me if you have ideas or think we can work something out.

2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Why do you need someone if you have the ideas? Don't know how to program or you actually don't have the ideas or you need money? Am willing to bet my life it's one of the three. Would lend you a lot more credibility if you were more forthright about this.

3. Don't know how to program. I have the idea and the money and not willing to hire a chinese programmer for certain reasons.

What do you want me to be forthright about? There's easy pickings in commodities during the so called rolls, especially since only 3 months are traded in China.

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

I tell you what is not forthcoming, and I mean it in a polite, respectful way: you can choose from millions of developers of any origin. It sounds weird and outright dodgy when someone claims he has profitable strategy ideas but does not know how to program them but is willing to collaborate/share. It sounds like you either look for free work on the coding side or else your ideas are just ideas on paper and worth little to nothing. One simply does not give away IP just because one does not know how to program.

aex likes this.
  5. Thank you for your answer. I admit that it does sound a little dodgy.

So perhaps I should clarify a little more. I am looking for a programmer, who will be paid based on market rate/expertise to develop not a fully automated trading program but one which helps in executing trades simultaneously across different products (even cross exchange).

I have worked with freelance chinese programmers that helped me code bid/offer algos and they took it along with them when we were supposed to work together.

I do not mind working with programmers with trading ideas in mind who are not able to get access to Chinese markets (we split profits of course).

I can even put some ideas out here. Spreads between SGX a50 vs the CSI 300. Iron ore cross-market spreads. I have calculated the hedge ratios/spread multipliers for most of these and would like a program to execute them better.

As of now, I am still a click trader doing a wide range of products with bad experience with chinese programmers.

6. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Are you located in Asia? Pm me if you like and we can exchange further info.

7. Just learn how to use trading technologies autospreader. It can do exactly what you are trying to do which sounds very simple.

8. Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your input. I currently use trading technologies autospreader for markets that are outside China. Within China, TT/Xtrader is unavailable.

9. Hi,
    I've been doing algo trading in China, on options and futures, and I was profitable. Now I am in US. let me know if you want to discuss with me.

#10     Feb 4, 2017