anyone incorporating Keltner Channels

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by GreenDog, Jul 22, 2003.

1. for help in timing entry/exit.

I never have -- but I've recently talked with traders who swear by them. I generally do have Bollinger Bands on my charts, but don't use them as a primary signal.

Thanks.

Dog

PS - My time frame is the 5 minute (along w/ 1 and 30 minute charts) on the QQQ

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Yes. Along with volume and moving averages they are the only indicators I use.

Brandon

3. DaveN

DaveN

I've used them for many years now. I guess it's what you get used to seeing on a chart, kind of a frame of reference. For me, it's Keltners. They are invaluable for me to put bounds on a market and see it's movement that much more clearly.

4. to Bollinger Bands??

Why??

Thanks for the feedback!

5. Brandon, or anyone else, what settings do you use ?

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I have a lesson on them in the members section of my site that is (IMO) very good. I will get ahold of our webmaster and have her release them so I can post it here and you can access it without being a member of my site.

Brandon

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

9. I may slap some Keltners on my charts for the next few days. Not sure I would have needed the Keltners on those charts you posted in your link -- the bear flags looked pretty solid based solely on their pullback to the ema during a strong trend.

My goal is always to keep my charts as uncluttered as possible - lean and mean. But I'll do a little more digging on the Keltners and give them a look.

Thanks again.

dog

10. Uni

Uni

That's very generous of you, Brandon. Thanks for sharing the link.

Uni

#10     Jul 23, 2003