Anyone in Dubai?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by FGBLMSTX, Nov 10, 2011.

1. hi, interested in this thread as Dubai is an option I am considering. is it a place with future for prop trading as a financial center?

(no talking of tax and sun, and the drawback that there are no girls for singles..!)

#41     Apr 11, 2013
  2. Hi, still here in Dubai. Not sure what you mean by "no girls for singles" that is actually what we have too much of here!! There isn't any prop firms other than DPTG, which is having marginal success. Everyone i know is either working on the institutional desk at a bulge bracket / Intl Bank on Fixed Income, FX or Intl equities trading OR has their own fund/setup based here managing money. As a timezone, structure etc this place is excellent, but you can't expect to cold-call or walk around meeting people to find investors. Raising money isnt easy unless you have a good trackrecord and know the right people

Glad to answer any more specific questions if you have them

#42     Apr 11, 2013
  3. Thanks, that s helpful. I am only starting out day trading (<2years) and hence have no track record, so raising funds is not an option for me... Those shops setting with their own capital don t need "juniors"?

I guess the hiring at bulge brackets isn t better than in any other financial center at the moment.. used to work for one of them but not as a prop trader.

(as for girls lol, that s what one of my friends who used to work there for a French bank told me back in 2007/08 : that most girls were "working girls" in the hotels, the only place where alcool is allowed I believe)

#43     Apr 11, 2013
  4. zdreg

zdreg

#44     Apr 11, 2013
  5. #45     Apr 11, 2013
  6. zdreg

zdreg

exactly.:D

#46     Apr 11, 2013
  7. am certainly not looking for pros..... and the "girls" part was only a tiny part of my post.. really not the main topic.

#47     Apr 11, 2013
  8. anybody here still trades in DPTG?

#48     Jul 3, 2014
  9. tom_czr

tom_czr

Hey, aren't you accidentaly Gordon the "Crook" ? The guy who is in debt around $3,500,000 and who was also in TV Nova and even investigated for some frauds? The guy who presented himself under GGB company which actualy never existed?
    http://ggbtading.blogspot.com/search/label/GGB trading TV Nova

Probably hunting inexperienced guys here and taking money from them... be careful newbies...

#49     Jul 3, 2014
  10. kb_369

kb_369

Hi everybody, do we have meet ups through this forum? I am a part time trader and have a small set up. I am looking forward to meeting full time traders and sharing experiences. If your interested let me know.

#50     May 28, 2015