Anyone in Austin, TX?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by hillcast2, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Peter just sent out an email.... I suggested Lavaca Street Bar.....

#31     Oct 27, 2003
  2. Peter,
    Perhaps Hillcast may be interested in sponsoring this event..... i'll let you know more soon.

#32     Oct 28, 2003
  3. Dave and Buster's

7pm

Thursday Oct. 30th

I'll get a pool table for us and be on the table at 7pm. I'll have some NQ charts out by the table so you know which one! I've got dark hair and glasses.

Directions: It's at the intersection of 183 and Mopac, on the North side of 183, West side of Mopac. It's in a large outdoor mall.

There are many ways to get there (just like trading!).
    Usually I take Mopac north and take the first u-turn after passing 183, onto the frontage road heading back south. From there after a few hundred yards I exit into the mall parking lot on the right.

#33     Oct 29, 2003
  4. D&B's is great! It's a fun place and if I'm not mistaken they do have the greatest arcade game ever there. Galaga!

See y'all then.

#34     Oct 30, 2003
  5. I'm curious how many people showed. I need more notice so I can let Flexjet have my transportation ready next time.

Now, about the endowed chair in daytrading. Those guys in the MBA program who think they are such hot shit because they "manage" $11 million belonging to the university. What gives?
    I've had twice that much in my personal portfolio (leveraged, of course).
    When I come in town, I'm game for picking up the partying tab.
    Perhaps we can do this before and after a UT home game .

If you are interested in THe Trader Profit's Daytrading Scholarship Program (for UT students only), please submit your essay meeting the following requirements:

1) Between 10,000 and 10,001 words in length.
    2) Must berate Red McCombs for the treatment of his players after only one loss
    3)Must explain why YOU, the applicant, deserve my money
    and how it will be used (i.e. to produce a still in your dorm room, etc)
    4) Must detail your personal partcipation in Eyeore's B-day party, at Hippie Hollow (if it still exists),etc.

Any excellent stories of sexual conquests of UT Coed's will receive
    special attention, particularly if photos are enclosed.

#35     Nov 2, 2003
  6. Nicely done!! There was about 6 of us there. Not a bad first meeting. Chris is an absolute badass for keeping the schedule that he does..... Work at night in Houston, trade during the day in Cedar park. Amazing.

I think ol' Red was a little drunk when he lit into his players. I don't think Randy Moss et al took kindly to that....

#36     Nov 3, 2003
  7. Andre

Andre

Any of you Austin folks heard of Matt the Electrician?

If not, you should check him out. He's a singer-songwriter type. But he's no sensitive ponytail kind of guy. He can be pretty funny and sarcastic. And gosh but he writes good pop tunes. And sweet little ditties, too. He'd be great to knock down some beer with, after your done discussing trading.

André

#37     Nov 3, 2003
  8. Suprise guest was Jerry Medved who absolutely whooped my butt in 9-ball.

#38     Nov 3, 2003
  9. Peter,

Great idea, I had a good time and it was nice to meet you all! We should meet again sometime and try to get more traders and build this group up!

Chris

#39     Nov 4, 2003
  10. Enter your vote today! A new poll has been created for the
    AustinTraders group:

Next meeting format:

o Poker night (5 cents/10 cents)
    o Sports Bar
    o Meeting room
    o Bowling

To vote, please visit the poll's web page.

#40     Nov 14, 2003