Anyone holding Google since IPO ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by neutrino, Nov 21, 2005.

1. gbos

gbos

http://web.mytilineos.gr/homeEN.asp

Unfortunately I only bought very few stocks when it was 1.5 Euro/share and I didn¢t add to the position. Big mistake as you can see in the chart. I could have retired by now :).

#11     Mar 3, 2006
  2. There are legit stocks that made much more serious gains than some pumped up overhyped search engine.

Look at TIE and WLT. Or look at some of the steels from 2003, like X. Many commodity based companies simply outperform GOOG and are much safer. They also post long continuous uptrends because of fundamentals and not some unrealistic hyped up conference calls, analyst reports & media coverage.

#12     Mar 3, 2006
  3. gbos

gbos

March 2003 gave the opportunity to buy value stocks at extremely low prices all around the world. Simply there were stocks with almost zero risk.

#13     Mar 3, 2006

4. Yes, indeed, aren't we brilliant.

Would you mind sharing at least one zero risk name for me now, or did they all get snapped up by the prescient.

#14     Mar 4, 2006
  5. gbos

gbos

Sorry but I didn't understand the meaning of your question. I am not very fluent in English. But I will explain further my thesis. The March 2003 panic sell-off created many opportunities in the market I trade in. The average stock was traded at a 10 times PE after taxes based on the three previous years earnings average. For a serious investor it wasn¢t hard to scan the market for extremely good value opportunities with clean balance sheet and a big margin of safety. The tactic paid of since a cumulative 100%-150% gain on invested capital until today were easy obtained. Judging by many other indexes around the world the same thing happened elsewhere.

[​IMG]

#15     Mar 4, 2006
  6. Yes there other 3,5,10 baggers out there. But what makes goog the focus of a lot of discussion is that it was brought to the doorstep of everybody. You hear more "only ifs" with this stock then most others.

#16     Mar 4, 2006
  7. than

#17     Mar 4, 2006