Anyone here using Testosterone Replacement?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NY_HOOD, Nov 18, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

Nobody doses enanthate or cypionate EOD. I have to assume he's using prop, but that also would be weird.

#41     Jan 7, 2020
  2. Right. But in the fullness of time is it something you're glad you did or wish you didn't? Just curious.

#42     Jan 7, 2020
  3. luisHK

luisHK

TRT is for life for most, until they get some serious health issues like prostate cancer which can t let them go on.
    PEDs use in general is more temporary, not many people will try to be in a peaking form during decades (some do though). Priorities and use of PEDs change.

#43     Jan 7, 2020
  4. luisHK

luisHK

I wished I had a way more careful use in my 20s so I could have avoided some side effects that are now well documented along ways to fight them (more or less succesfully), but back at it 20 y later, with more money and knowledge, hard to say how they will help. Besides PEDs just the choice of being heavy is not very healthy imo, but health is not always the top priority

#44     Jan 7, 2020
  5. To each his own, I guess. I was at the gym yesterday, and again I'm taken aback by the number of guys on some kind of PED or another where I presently work out. And I'm not talking borderline here. These guys in tank tops are so bubbled up they look like they're wearing ski jackets. More than one had such enlarged traps that their shoulders, although wide, looked droopy. While I admired bodybuilders and wanted to look like them when I was a kid growing up in the '60s and '70s (especially since I was a skinny little kid), the look has no appeal to me now that I'm a skinny little old guy. I like the athletic look and try to emulate it as best as I can, but boundaries, man! :D

#45     Jan 7, 2020
    DTB2 likes this.
  6. People have gotten more fat and become more sedentary over the past couple of decades. So as to your observation that more men are turning to TRT for various reasons, cause and effect? I'm speaking in the aggregate, of course, as were you, and not to specific instances.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    #46     Jan 7, 2020
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Not just that but sperm count too. My friend is a shrink and she works with couples not able to get pregnant. Sperm count is several times the cause of the trouble and it is down compared to 2-3 decades ago.

" among nearly 43,000 men from North America, Europe, New Zealand, and Australia, sperm counts per milliliter of semen had declined more than 50 percent from 1973 to 2011. And not only that, “but total sperm counts were down by almost 60 percent: We are producing less semen, and that semen has fewer sperm cells in it,”

One explanation is drugs thrown in the toilette and such. Somehow estrogen is ending up in the drinking water supply and that could cause both, low TST and low sperm count.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2018/10/sperm-counts-continue-to-fall/572794/

This article says they don't exactly know why. There is the NYC anomaly, because in this city sperm count stayed steady:

"Peter Schlegel, the president-elect of ASRM and a physician at New York’s Weill Cornell Medical Center, shrugged off this odd New York City data point with a pretty good one-liner: “New Yorkers tend to be physically active and our water system provides some of the cleanest and highest-quality water in the U.S."

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    #47     Jan 7, 2020
    luisHK likes this.
  8. Hotcakes

Hotcakes

This. Sperm count and T levels have declined dramatically in last 40 years. It's mostly environmental pollution - plastics, bisphenol A, pesticides/herbicides similar in structure to estrogen. Basically, we're living in a world filled with chemical byproducts that are similar in structure to estrogen. The human body determines T levels by circulating Estrogen levels. With higher estrogen, the body assumes T levels are also high, and reduces T production. We have shit in our own nest many times over.

I'm aware of 2 large studies conducted by meta-analysis (studies of studies), concluded men with Low T have a much earlier all-cause mortality (die earlier). Why? They don't know. I do. When a man is low T, most aspects of life become a grind. Men just sorta give up.

Notice estrogen is handed out like candy to women. Makes them feel great. But to give the same treatment to men? No. Men are bad. Testosterone is bad. The War on Men and Masculinity.

#48     Jan 7, 2020
  9. TRS

TRS

Yes, prop would most likely be the chosen ester which is a departure from the longer chain esters normally used for TRT purposes.

#49     Jan 8, 2020
  10. TRS

TRS

True. Once you get your bloods in order, in particular the oestrogen levels, the tiredness normally abates.
    Throwing in some Tren is a different ballgame of course. And there’s always the lethargy of carrying around the extra body weight a cycle generates.
    I don’t think that diet can be underestimated if not just going for an all out bulk.
    Clean diet: lean protein, clean carb sources, good fats and fruit and vegetables. The cornerstone of good health as we all aware.

#50     Jan 8, 2020