Anyone Here Use "Trade Ideas Pro" Software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cypherdude, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Recently, I learned about a Windows software program called "Trade Ideas Pro." I came across Trade Ideas Pro through some YouTube videos. A daytrader author named Andrew Aziz who wrote "How to Day Trade for a Living: A Beginner’s Guide to Trading Tools and Tactics, Money Management, Discipline and Trading Psychology", has a YouTube account. He created a video called "How to Create a Scanner in Trade Idea for Day Trading."
    Other videos which mention Trade Ideas are:
    1. How To Set up The Best Stock Scanner Like a Pro Day Trader with Trade Ideas.
    2. Talking about Trade-Ideas and Scanning.
    3. Trade Ideas Review - Best Stock Screener for Stocks and Options Plays.
    Here are 2 reviews:
    1. Trade Ideas Pro Review 2018.
    2. Trade Ideas Review – An In-Depth, Unbiased Look.
    The Trade Ideas Pro software program has many different "channels" such as "surge", "volume", sectors", etc.., which you click on. The program will then make windows related to these channels. The channel they mention the most is "Holly AI" which is supposed to rely on artificial intelligence. Trade Ideas Pro is essentially a configurable scanning watchlist program which is supposed to give daytraders winning trade alerts in real-time. The attraction of the program is daytraders don't need to write any code to receive their alerts. If anyone wants to learn more about Trade Ideas Pro, you can sign up for their weekly Wednesday webinar here. Trade Ideas also has a weekly Friday podcast if anyone wishes to hear it.

The biggest objection I have to this program is the price. Trade Ideas recently raised their price from $188/month or $1888/year to $228/month or $2268/year. This seems fairly expensive to me. How many day trades would someone need to make Trade Ideas Pro pay for itself? If you consider a win-loss percentage, it could be many trades.

Does anyone here use Trade Ideas Pro in their daytrading? If so, has the program made you profitable and will you re-sign up once your subscription has expired?

======================
    DISCLAIMER: This post is for informational purposes only. This post is not meant to endorse Trade Ideas Pro or any other product. I am not affiliated with Trade Ideas LLC. You and you alone are responsible for all of your trades.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I don't know anything about this product except Lightspeed had a partnership with them in the past and we don't anymore. I just want to comment on the cost. Any trader will find the cost of this or any mentor program expensive. However, if they can train you to be profitable or offer a path to profitability, the cost of a $2300 program is very little. That is basically one bad trade for many accounts funded with $30,000. When I was a market maker, there was a trader that offered a written and taped audio series to teach option trading for $10,000. Hundreds of traders paid for it and many made a living from it for 2 to 10 years. Not bad for $10K to make 6 figures after.

If you are learning to trade for your primary source of income, I would get help where you can. I just can't tell you if this program is worth $1 let alone $2268/year. You should ask for references and search online for negative comments and always consider the source for both.

3. Imo , they charge as much as they can without completely scaring off buyers, under the theory that anyone willing to pay for that is willing to pay as much as you ask.

It's actually a decent scanner, but you need a lot more than that to make $$$$

Proof? If the scanner alone was worth money, they would simply automate the trade. No need to sell anything. Just bank daily

4. mbondy

mbondy

I've used Trade Ideas before. This is not a new product. The scanner is quite good, and if you're daytrading stocks, having a good scanner is essential. If you pay for the year up front, it's like $90 month. Having said that, I don't use it anymore. I have a scanner on my software that is good enough.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What software is that? Our Lightspeed Software has a stock scanner called Lightscan.

6. mbondy

mbondy

Mostly scanning with das trader. It's basic but gets the job done. I have another on tws with IB but I've never used it.

7. Wilt

Wilt

I use Trade Ideas and it's indispensible to me. It's worth the cost. The beauty is it tells you what it's going to do in plain english before you start the scan and is truly real time market wide scanning. Worth the money IMHO. If it finds a trade worth more than $200 each month, it's your friend. So the question you have to ask yourself is, do I have a real strategy?

Wilt

8. $200 for a scanner in this age of big data is a bit much

I'd say $100/mo if it was EXTRA special, would be enough, otherwise its just gouging

Now, if you have some special sauce, and they are the only scanner that can spot it realtime , then maybe for some $1000 a month would be cheap.

Just to put things in perspective

9. dineshmt

dineshmt

How is the software?

10. dineshmt

dineshmt

How much is the registration fees?

#10     Mar 7, 2018