Anyone here use IB Level II with Quotetracker?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Nov 28, 2003.

1. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I trade stocks, options & futures. Datafeed for QT are from Datek & IB. Just like to know which other charting software that I need to not miss much ticks & get charts for all time frames.

#11     Dec 1, 2003
  2. ok, neither DATEK or IB are tick-by-tick. Both IQFeed and Money.net are and should do fine for you. IQFeed lets you track more symbols. Money.net is cheaper

#12     Dec 1, 2003
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Thanks for your speedy reply!

#13     Dec 1, 2003
  4. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

If I pick up subscription from IQFeed for $23 ($20+$3 for stock exchanges), Can I simply use it for a new window?

#14     Dec 4, 2003
  5. the IQFeed datafeed is base $20 + exchanges, plus another $20 if you want real-time futures, so with futures, it would cost $40+exchange fees.

and yes, you can have one source feeding one portfolio and another feeding another portfolio. You would also want to explicitly select IQFeed as the backfill source and index panel source.

#15     Dec 4, 2003
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Can I use it for 2 windows? Like to use it with Datek, maybe it is better than Datek itself.

#16     Dec 4, 2003
  7. Yes, definitely. You can use it on as many portfolios as you want.

#17     Dec 4, 2003
  8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Thanks!

Do I need to have IB as my quote source if I subscribe to IQfeed?

By the way is the historical chart a delay daily chart?

#18     Dec 4, 2003
  9. You do not need to select IB as your source unless you are tracking symbols that are not supported by IQFeed (foreign markets for example)

#19     Dec 4, 2003
  10. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Thanks!

#20     Dec 4, 2003