Anyone here use IB Level II with Quotetracker?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by newestmember, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Can someone here give me their opinion on using IB's level II feed in Quotetracker?

Is it fast (accurate) or does it lag a bit? Thanks!

2. I tried IB's level II and found it to be totally useless. They don't have integrated ECN's in the level II boxes; they only show MM's. I'm not bashing IB, but they are way behind the curve in a major way with the tools they supply their traders.

Also, when I tried it, it kept freezing up on me, I don't know what was happening, but I finally just shut it down.

3. I tried it for about 5 minutes 3 months ago and found that it kept freezing up as well (IB level II with quotetracker)....

I thought maybe it was just me, but it sounds like it's a universal problem.

4. Andre

Andre

I use 'em both. IB's data feed isn't great. For level II on high volume stocks, its been ok for me. I haven't had freeze ups. But I have seen lags on thin stocks, and I trade thin stocks. So I couldn't count on it.

My best experience with data and trading via QT was when I had both Ameritrade and IB. I traded via IB and used Ameritrade's Data. Right now I'm not really looking at Level II screens so IB's data is fine.

André

5. Unless someone has something positive to say about it, I guess I'll forget it for now...

6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Do you use other charting software in addition to QT?

7. Andre

Andre

I haven't in the past. I recently picked up AdvancedGET EOD.
    I'm looking forward to learning it.

André

8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Since IB is not tick-by-tick, I was wondering which charting software I should pickup for backfill, full level 2 & 60 minute chart.

9. #10     Dec 1, 2003