anyone here use an Apple I-MAC ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Warrior4g, Sep 11, 2007.

1. What bugs??? Are you on 10.5.1????

#21     Dec 5, 2007
  2. nravo

nravo

Yes on 10.5.1

No GTC and other orders will stick in pull down menus on TWS order screen or tickers; I have an Australian stock I can't close an order on (not fun); My P/L column for Forex is wrong and doesn't match the account page ... Stuff like that.

#22     Dec 6, 2007
  3. Ahhh. I have noticed that pull down issue, but it never jacked up my style so it's a "non-issue"bug for me.

I have had sticking forex P/L column views, but I dont watch that number so strictly as for it to cause me a problem. I watch the price action in AB to make my trading decision. SO for me so long as TWS executes my trades timely and the bid ask column updates, I am fine.

My Futures trades sometimes stick in the last price column, but the unrealized P&L shows fine as does the bid ask...

SO in other words, these little niggles havent cost me any bad trades. We expect upgrade issues. If it is a massive problem, downgrade to 10.4.10 till they sus out the Java issue. Remember Apple codes it's own version of Java for OS X. Hence why Apple is still on JRE 1.5 instead of 1.6

#23     Dec 6, 2007
  4. nravo

nravo

These are significant issues and there are others. I'm not gonna downgrade an OS because my brokers has cheap programmers in India who deal with Mac issues last, although in their defense this was the sloppiest Apple upgrade in years. I'll pick up a Windows laptop for $300 for a few weeks or months, at least I can play around with IB/VBA programming on a Wintel machine which is something I can't do on Excel for Mac. Who knows, maybe I'll stick with Windows for trading, that's what the pros tell me to do, anyway.

#24     Dec 6, 2007
  5. Really. LOL. Guess you weren't there for 10.1 to 10.2 or 10.2 to 10.3

Those were aggravating upgrades because so many programs I used were rendered useless till v.2 or v.3 updates. Or the Kernal Panics took over and drove me crazy till a .5 update. This has been the BEST upgrade yet. 95% of my goodies work. All I needed were some minor updates (syncing aps) But my Major Money makers have been flawless. (Save 1 app, that was updated 14 days later, not 2 months ater)

Lets go back further. going from 7.5.3 to 8.0 was a drag and going from 8.5 to 9.0 was a pain.... This, by far, has been one of the easiest upgrades I have ever done. I am sorry you are bugged to hell. If need be, Parallels in Coherence mode till it's resolved. LOL.

#25     Dec 6, 2007
  6. This may annoy you, but it is a workaround and a reveal for the bug.

Most of the java bugs you complain about are related to the mouse pointer mapping. (Or so it seems)

A workaround is to click the popup, highlight your choice (like GTC) and hit return to select it.

#26     Dec 6, 2007
  7. I hate PC's. no offense to the 92.8% of the world that uses/buys them. God I love a democracy. LOL.

#27     Dec 6, 2007