anyone here use an Apple I-MAC ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Warrior4g, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Marcell

Marcell

The assistant does everything for you when you setup a new disk. You enter your name and license number and everything else Parallels does for you. I used Parallels once and I recommend VMware over Parallels; it offers much better performance. It, too, offers an installation assistant.

#11     Sep 12, 2007
  2. Has anyone tried using mac os x and windows trading tools at the same time?

For example have 2 instances of TWS open - one under mac os x and one open in windows?

#12     Sep 17, 2007
  3. I have had 3 instances of tws open under osx while running windows apps under crossover and fusion.

#13     Sep 17, 2007
  4. were the windows apps pulling data from tws???

#14     Sep 17, 2007
  5. Yes...

#15     Sep 17, 2007
  6. nravo

nravo

I can't even get Crosssover to load TWS. What's the secret?

#16     Dec 5, 2007
  7. TWS is a JAVA app. Crossover is a Windows Emulation environment (not java)

TWS runs under OS X without crossover. I use AB inside crossover with it looking at ip address 127.0.0.1 to connect to TWS to pull data.

This is the short and sweet, if you are still struggling PM me. I'll be glad to help you past the MINOR pitfalls

For best results, use safari to select the web based version of TWS (not webtrader) it will download a .jnlp app that you can double click to launch TWS. It will automatically update to the latest version and you never have to use Safari again to launch TWS. You can alos configure Apples Java implementation to create an alias on your desktop which is draggable to your DOCK for easy launching in the future.

OS X is just friendly like that.

No need to download the OSX version of TWS....

#17     Dec 5, 2007
  8. You know what cracks me up?

When I see people driving around with an apple logo sticker on their car. :p So lame!!

Do you think anybody puts an IBM or Hewlett Packard sticker on their honda? :D

Sorry, got off topic. Funny though.

#18     Dec 5, 2007
  9. No big deal. I think it's a bit obssesive as well, but then what do I know. I have 6 Apple Computers of varying varieties in my house and my office is completely mac driven....

#19     Dec 5, 2007
  10. nravo

nravo

I have been using IB TWS on OSX and Classic even since '02. But lately, the bugs -- attributed to Leopard -- have gotten too annoying, so I am looking to run TWS on Windows on my Mac. I thought I could do that with Crossover rather than Fusion or Parallels. But from your posting, and maybe I am misreading it, I cannot. Which means I am back to Fusion or Parallels and have been wasting my time playing with Crossover.

#20     Dec 5, 2007