Anyone here pass Level I of the CFA Exam?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bwolinsky, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Any charterholder that still works in the back office is a total tool.

And I am talking about CHARTERHOLDERS here, not just the 3 exams passed.

Someone who's passed 3 exams should, at MINIMUM have 2 years of job experience.

You must've graduated already in order to take the 2nd exam, and if you graduated and still aren't working, you're pursing the wrong certification.

I'd say most people have the required experience by the time they pass exam 3. Most people take 4 years to pass, and a lot of people don't even start the program until they've already worked a few years. (Exception of course, for people who don't work in the securities industry and are taking the exams to get their foot in the door, but even then, after passing exam 1 you should be able to get something decent).

So anyway, 2 years of job experience alone commands a salary of at least 80 - 90 (that's WITHOUT bonus), and the fact that you passed the 3rd exam will command even more.

Any charterholder who makes under 75K a year is a total fucking retard, I make more then that w/ 1 year experience and I can't even pay the bills. No competent charterholder is gonna settle for a joke of a salary like that.

#51     Aug 16, 2008
  2. Good luck tomorrow for those who have taken level 2 and level 3.

#52     Aug 18, 2008
  3. Nowhere did I say I thought 70k was any sort of real money, the guy asked what the absolute minimum a charterholder could make. Absolute minumum, not average. There are "jokes" and "pikers" in this industry, and I stated what I thought those jokes could make, at a minimum, with a CFA Charter.

#53     Aug 19, 2008
  4. If you think level 3 is easy, read this.

Re: So who else here Failed with me???? I need some company!

I'm devastated because I have been at this level for several years after blowing through I and II. I really don't understand how I passed Level II given my struggles at Level III with subject matter I find more interesting. I put everything I had this time and for the second straight year, my results don't match up with my recollection of my confidence. Although I probably won't, I am considering just giving it up.

Please understand my bitterness right now, but I can't stand this program with higher fees and lower pass rates and the frustration of studying your @$$ off and spending a ton of time and money to walk out of there with such uncertainty and the wait of another year to try again. But its their game and if I want the trophy, I have to play by their rules or just quit. I don't give a flip about the designation anymore. I just wanted this process to be over and quitting is something I probably can't do.

Kudos to those that passed. I certainly won't be giving anyone study advice because I don't have any worth a damn. I read every page of the books this year and felt solid. I really have no clue where to go from here. In previous failed attempts, I always had thoughts on what to do different.

#54     Aug 19, 2008
  5. #55     Aug 19, 2008
  6. you think this is hard take the actuarial exam, I have taken the first 4 test.

#56     Aug 19, 2008
  7. I know someone who was an actuary, he told me that being an actuary makes accounting look exciting.

#57     Aug 20, 2008
  8. contrary

contrary

Results are in. She did not pass on her first try at Level II.

#58     Aug 22, 2008
  9. This is very true. lol.

#59     Aug 22, 2008
  10. jimbob42

jimbob42

I'd look at the CFA this way. It's a union card, although a very hard one to get. It might not make you a good trader, analyst or portfolio manager but it might just get you in the door.

I took the exams a number of years back and they were the most dificult exams I ever took.

The biggest change I have noticed in the program is the number of international candidates.

#60     Aug 22, 2008