Anyone here pass Level I of the CFA Exam?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by bwolinsky, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Well, I'm saying from a pay benefit standpoint, it's worth something as long as you're actively doing it. If you fail level II and don't reregister, then your passed level I is worthless at that point.

Also, if you don't finish in 10 years.. you're a fucking retard.

#31     Aug 5, 2008
  2. By your lack of maturity I can tell you probably wouldn't pass it. I'm an RIA rep by the way, so I am doing this on a daily basis.

If you'd like, you can go register and see if you can pass. I think I feel another all time low on level I of the pass rate coming on.

You're obviously misinformed about what it is. There is a minimum 4 year work requirement that you be engaged in activities that quote "Add value."

It's a marathon, not a sprint. It's not like you can just pass in a second.

#32     Aug 5, 2008
  3. I am well aware of the 4 year minimum work requirement.

But obviously the fact that you passed 2 of the exams and are a candidate for the 3rd is going to add SOME amount of value to your resume. Passing all 3 w/o having the charter in your hands yet would also add value.

I'm already registered for the Level I in December, and I will pass. Taking exams is one of my strong points, and I intend on taking the time needed to properly study for it, which is the #1 reason people fail. I'm estimating 325 hours per exam should be sufficient for me.

And I am currently in a position that adds value to the investment decision making process. I'll have my charter on June 17th, 2011.

#33     Aug 5, 2008
  4. I passed level I

Failed Level II

That was enough for me. After the Series 7, 66, and CFP, common sense told me I'm all "tested out...":eek: :( :D

#34     Aug 6, 2008
  5. Just passed level I this summer on my first sit. Material isn't extremely difficult, there is just a huge volume of it and having not taken it or any test like it before, you don't really know what to expect.

Also, I think the test results are a bit skewed too negatively as to its true difficulty. If you're serious and dedicated to it, you should be fine. I know a lot of the big institutional firms in my town really push it on the young guys right out of college like they must enroll in it. From whom I know and have heard of, guys that are told to enroll but don't really have the personal drive/desire to get around to studying consistently make up the vast majority of the failures.

Right now the plan is to get a bit more R&R and then I might take a go at CMT level I before I start back getting ready for CFA level II this winter. Long term goal being that I have my CFA and CMT by the time I'm 27.

#35     Aug 6, 2008
  6. Like many others, I am also taking the level 1 in December 08.

My question is, what kind of job does level 1 get you?

I'm out of college for 3 years, and working in IT most of the 3 years.

#36     Aug 6, 2008
  7. jimbob42

jimbob42

"Congratulations to the 15,311 CFA candidates who passed the Level I exams they took in June. The pass rate at Level I this year is 35 percent, down slightly from 40 percent a year ago. We will announce the results of Level II and III exams as they become available. "

#37     Aug 6, 2008
  8. Congrats on that goal! Both are tough programs, but not impossible.

I read through some CMT materials recently, and found out how much I don't know, never knew, etc.,:eek: :D

#38     Aug 6, 2008
  9. hodeez

hodeez

passed cfa lvl 1.

studied for 2 weeks straight

#39     Aug 7, 2008
  10. Thanks man, much appreciated to hear it from someone who actually knows what it entails (my friends, family, and girlfriend are clueless as to what a CFA is).

#40     Aug 7, 2008