Anyone here making over $100k just trading ES ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Uh, what?

Care to translate to English?

#31     Jun 26, 2011
  2. no, its sad

#32     Jun 26, 2011
  3. trendy

trendy

#33     Jun 26, 2011
  4. This manic depressive state can go on for years. Make money = genius. Lose money = clueless fcuk.
    One day some event happens out of the blue, and account gets blown outta the water. Seen it happen way too many times.

#34     Jun 27, 2011
  5. Cheese

Cheese

There is a process in order to make yourself rich from trading. And to get real, there can be no success without a reliable methodology.

Lets go to the principles required from your starting point.
    Learning
    1. You need to start serious learning about the market. Choose a futures market in a single instrument (eg ES,CL) to focus your study.
    2. And your learning then needs to be as long as it takes to end up with a reliable methodology.
    3. Back check manually to establish the validity of your methodology. If there is not a consistent outcome, continue to revise your rules.
    Trading
    4. Choose daytrading. Never dive into actual live trading without long study and testing.
    5. Know the metrics of your market and get to know the ballpark as to the amount of points your market offers daily.
    6. Do simming to experience trading action in the methodology you have devised or adopted. You do this to prove the reliability of your plan and system. If the outcome is not good enough, recontinue your study and revise your rules.
    Progress
    7. Start live trading. Buy the upswings; sell the downswings.
    8. Trade with one contract only in one instrument building consistent net gains without ever over-leveraging.
    9. As a consistent player you must let your net gains accumulate to accomodate increasing your position size in ratio to your growing capital. You cannot become rich without consistent success and increasing your position size.
    :)

#35     Jun 27, 2011
  6. jinxu

jinxu

For you, master Cheese:

Here's the 1 month return for June using HG27. Do you think I'm ready to go live???

#36     Jun 27, 2011

7. Actually, I'm Jack Hershey Jr. I'm trying to make enough money to get my father out of debt.

#37     Jun 27, 2011
  8. :D

If you really are,then it wouldn`t be a problem.

God speed you!

#38     Jun 27, 2011
  9. Free advice is often the most expensive advice.

#39     Jun 27, 2011
  10. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

Yea, and bad advice is bad, regardless of cost.

Ef

#40     Jun 27, 2011