Anyone here making over $100k just trading ES ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wiesman02, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Blah blah blah. Same ol' same ol' I've heard throughout the years. Nothing I don't already know. Been at this game for a while now and know the in's and outs of it. And my job is FAR from a 9-5 job, lol

Just an FYI, I work in law enforcement and don't plan on giving up my pension to trade fulltime until I've made $1.5 million with $1 million saved in cash. Will it ever happen ? Maybe, but if it doesn't I wont lose any sleep over it. I'm happy with the way my life has turned out so far (only 27 yrs old) and I dont need money to make me happy.

$100k was an arbitrary #. If you can pull $100k u can surely pull double triple or quadruple if size doesnt f#ck up your pyschology.

Obviously diversifying the intstruments you trade is better, but that had nothing to do with the question.

I love how in ET, you ask a simple question, and you are told that you can't trade, trading is too hard, don't trade, trade other instruments, etc.

I bet you every single one of you that answered does not make that kind of $. yet all you pikers have responded.

#11     Jun 26, 2011
  2. Why do you ask such stupid questions then? If you traded futures you know what the potential earnings are. You made 15k . Now you want 100K .. Get real .. Stick to your big career . I don't work 9-5 job. Whatever big shot . You should forget about trading . It's not for weak minded people like yourself. Your a lost soul. Your Only dreaming & it's time to wake up..

#12     Jun 26, 2011
  3. baro-san

baro-san

If you made $15k on 1 contract, now you can make $60k with 4 contracts, and so on. There's no need to improve. Trying that might actually bring you down.

#13     Jun 26, 2011
  4. You did Not read it right. He made 15 k trading for the full year .. your too funny.

#14     Jun 26, 2011
  5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

$100K/day, day trading ES? Interesting. How many contracts do you trading in an average day to make that?

#15     Jun 26, 2011
  6. he was being sarcastic . don't you get it.. lol.. got to love this site.

#16     Jun 26, 2011
  7. Take the OT till fall then look at it again, swing trades probably the way to go come fall, 17k plus whatever ur swings bing in. A couple years would be nice??????????

#17     Jun 26, 2011
  8. $15,000 is pretty good. A nice chunk of change. wiesman02, how much starting equity you use? How much leverage? What kind of strategies you employ?
    $15K could pay the rent with some left over.

#18     Jun 26, 2011
  9. ES has lots of scale and $500 margins, so as long as psychology isn't the issue, sizing up is the only thing limiting $15,000 from $150,000.

#19     Jun 26, 2011
  10. I'm not a cop, idiot. But thanks for jumping to conclusions.

#20     Jun 26, 2011