anyone here making 7 figures a year doing this?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cole_, Jan 22, 2018.

1. cole_

cole_

do you make 7 figures a year with those kinds of returns?

#61     Jan 24, 2018
  2. tomorton

tomorton

Like what you say about there being posters who don't actually trade. We must all know that some posters just have to criticise others to feel good about their sad selves, some have to brag about how good they are. But maybe some are simply spewing nonsense they've heard from their dumb brother-in-law or that guy down the pub with the funny eye.

#62     Jan 24, 2018
  3. qxr1011

qxr1011

well, one can help the lost souls with the direction , but what wanbees really need is not just direction but the know-how, the training, the teaching, the coaching, etc etc otherwise most will never ever make it: "The bridge is just too far"

There is an old joke:

One sees a guy looking for something under the lamp post.
    -What are you looking for?
    -I just lost the key !
    -Where did you lose it?
    -Over there, - says the guy, showing somewhere into the darkness.
    -Then why do you look under the lamp post?
    -Because there is a light here.

Most people unable to go into darkness, they just keep looking within the reach of their very limited abilities (the light of the lamp post). An it takes the combination of the extraordinary character to develop one's abilities, the extraordinary circumstances (to walk as much as it required), and the extraordinary luck (not to be grandiosely fucked up in the process by oneself or others around you) to find the key in the darkness.

So the tip where to go (and nothing else you will get in the forum) is helpful, but it just a minor tip, the road has to be walked by the wannabee.

Incidentally, the first stage of the road is behind, when the wannabe trader stops looking for profound answers on the forum.

#63     Jan 24, 2018
  4. ironchef

ironchef

Isn't it better to still have a Porsche or a Ferrari instead of giving it all back and then have nothing to show in the drawdown?

#64     Jan 24, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Very difficult if you live in Nevada or Florida.:finger:

#65     Jan 24, 2018
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Your posts are actually quite helpful if I read carefully, between the lines.

#66     Jan 24, 2018
  7. Hello qxr1011,

Where is this found at? Is found through books and daily practice?

#67     Jan 24, 2018
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

no

it is found by one's own experimenting on paper and on his own open wallet

books can give you general direction but that's it

#68     Jan 24, 2018
    spy guy and themickey like this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Had kidney stone removed and surgery went bad Nov 3rd, tomorrow be 3rd surgery to replace stent as I have a tear. I have worst luck dealing with my health, and where some of my funds go. Am lucky new business partner a physician and programmer. Automation got me to next level- yep from pennies to dimes. ROFLMAO

#69     Jan 24, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. Just trade! Patterns will start appearing. Bet small and you may lose some money. The losers is what teaches you the most. Then you reverse the losers and make them winners. Will work for a few months and then they will stop working.

Some examples of patterns that used to work. Crude oil has a 2-3am dip and comes back up and then the same dip happens again at 10:15 to 10:30am. Why? European and Japanese trading hours? But the market is giving opportunities to enter back in or exit out of a trade.

Another one, NFLX! Earnings is great! Stock skyrockets. Then main competitor Disney earnings announces something to screw them, stock pulls back to what it was prior to earnings. Just keep trading! Patterns show up everywhere. Now that I've publicly mentioned these patterns, they may work in contrarian fashion, ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    #70     Jan 24, 2018
    Two Sheds and SimpleMeLike like this.