Anyone here like HSI ??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by scriabinop23, Nov 6, 2006.

1. I generally place limit and stop limit orders based on historical price action so connection speed is almost irrelevant.

#31     Nov 14, 2006
  2. WD40

WD40

moving into the 2-9 village so that you can get a lube job everyday?

#32     Nov 14, 2006
  3. Tums

Tums

have you also looked at KOSPI and NIKKI?

they trade in the same time zone.

#33     Nov 14, 2006
  4. Nan, gonna live with my girl friend, I enjoy spending time spending time with her.

Are you so furking shollow you that you can't enjoy your time with a woman other than furking them?

If you are a Hong Kong Chinese, and can't find enjoyment from China other than buying sex, you go furk yourself. Stop embarrassing your own race in front of the rest of the world.

Just my 2 cents.

#34     Nov 14, 2006
  5. Average front month volume over the past 3 months is more than 30K contracts per day; in that environment a desk that knows what it's doing can execute an order for 750-1000 contracts without too much difficulty.

Someone trading ONLY this market and holding positions overnight might trade 1 contract per ~75K USD (on the average); their account could be $56M USD before reaching 750 contracts per ticket.

Someone trading many dozen markets across the globe, one of which happens to be HSI, and holding positions overnight, might trade 1 contract of HSI per ~2.6M USD (on the average). Their account could be $1.9B USD before reaching 750 contracts per ticket.

Conclusion: HSI is not necessarily off-limits to "the big boys".

#35     Nov 14, 2006
  6. Is this the capital commitment per HSI contact for institution?

What kind of annual return are they looking at?

#36     Nov 14, 2006
  7. I over reacted.

Apology to WD40.

Just sick of the typical HK Chinese, with no respect to their motherland. Mistaken WD40 as a local. (we PM'd).

Anyway, sorry, shall we go back to the HSI?

#37     Nov 16, 2006
  8. pilgs13

pilgs13

Does anyone here trade the HSI using Interactive Brokers? If so can you please tell me what the initial margin requirement is to trade 1 contract?

Thanks
    pilgs

#38     Nov 16, 2006
  9. Overnight initial is about 56.140HKD or about $ 7,298.00 (these are approx numbers) intraday is half.

There is also the mini MHI contract, not sure how volume on this one works though, but margin should be about 1/5 of the full contract.

:)

#39     Nov 16, 2006
  10. Few questions about the foreign markets from an ES trader:

1) What charting platform do you use for this data?
    2) What trading platform do you use to trade?
    3) What contracts are best to start looking at?
    4) How would you compare these markets to the ER2 and ES? - movements, volume, best times to trade, etc.

We'll start there.

Thanks guys!!!

#40     Nov 16, 2006