Anyone here like HSI ??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by scriabinop23, Nov 6, 2006.

1. e-miNY

e-miNY

What do u guys use for order execution? Mostly IB? TT has just got direct access to hong kong futures exchange. People who can afford it will have a huge advantage, both the execution and getting quotes when the market moves this fast/

#21     Nov 8, 2006
  2. I use IB.

I'm not sure the advantage will be that real. The short term noise in the hsi prices might reward intelligence over better quotes. Also, the latency in a link to TT in the US will be a disadvantage vs any HK resident traders if speed of response is key to their strategy.

Will they have a customer supporting server in HK or will it be based in the US?

#22     Nov 8, 2006
  3. e-miNY

e-miNY

#23     Nov 8, 2006
  4. Kiwi,

What's your ping speed to your broker?

I am on less than 30MS to my local broker with ISDL connection.

#24     Nov 9, 2006
  5. koko2

koko2

I think you will have to clear with or use a broker that clears with Calyon in order to have access.

#25     Nov 10, 2006
  6. LOL.

I trade from Qld Aus, so my ping is 170ms. I'd like faster but the speed of light and routing gets in the way (damn :)).

#26     Nov 10, 2006
  7. e-miNY

e-miNY

Yes! That's correct for now! My guess is it should have more brokers carry it soon.

#27     Nov 13, 2006
  8. Tums

Tums

This is a great instrument!
    I want to live in Hong Kong and trade the HSI.

#28     Nov 14, 2006

9. Hi KT,

Been testing connection to my broker and my data prvoider from Shenzhen, China (Girl friend's apertment), about 50~60ms with normal connection. I should be alright, huh?

Planning to move to Shenzhen for a better live :)

There is a sea side town up the coast from Shenzhen, might eventually move there and trade in front of the sea. :p

#29     Nov 14, 2006
  10. KT,

Any problem with slippage on your connection speed?

#30     Nov 14, 2006