Anyone here like HSI ??

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by scriabinop23, Nov 6, 2006.

1. I've been trading the HSI lately, and I find it much much much easier to trend follow scalp than the NQ/ES or any other US index.

Can anyone here relate ?? My ES/NQ scalps are almost hopeless in comparison.

Over the last 2 weeks I've done 6 scalps of the HSI and all were profitable, ranging from 5 to 40 point scalps ...

The moves in the US indexes are so much jerkier, and the charts are choppier.

Anyone here want to start a discussion about favorite indexes to trade for this very reason?

Thinking of entirely bailing on the NQ/ES for this reason.

2. yeah 10 times better. look at sgxnk also, altough maybe worth waitin' for vola to pick up a bit otherwise that 5points min tick [and spread] is gonna hurt u.

3. I also like the ZB and ZN for this same reason. Movement is very smooth.

4. rcj

rcj

Yeah, agreed. The action can get crazy at times also. No live trades here. Ive only papertraded with live data. Got butt whipped a number of times.:(

... rj

5. HSI is excellent. There are probably 10 catchable moves of that size each day so if you pick half of them its a pretty nice 4.5 hours trading.

6. Makes me wonder why all these guys on these boards are obsessed with ES/NQ/etc.

7. e-miNY

e-miNY

U cant do size in HSI. So, institutions doesnt really focus on this market.

I found it hard to follow when it can go from 63 bid to 68 bid. Once the 68 trades, we are back to 63 again. It makes me wonder whether something like this count as a breakout. The bid increment is kind of random. Can be 1 tick at times, could be 6 ticks at time.

8. The market is thin, thats right - but I'm not talking about institutions. 98% of the guys on this board probably don't trade more than a few contracts in size anyway, so I think the HSI could be appropriate.

9. def

def Sponsor

untrue

10. and you can also swing trade it.. :)

#10     Nov 7, 2006