Anyone here ever work at SAC?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by alisa, Jul 8, 2006.

1. alisa

alisa

Would love to hear about Steve trades, not much published info out there on him.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think the more appropriate question here is who on ET hasn't worked at SAC? :D

3. toryj

toryj

I doubt it. Besides, anyone who works for a firm like that has probably signed a zillion non-disclosure agreements and wouldn't be able to tell us anything.

Edit: By the way, there's an interview with Steven Cohen in Stock Market Wizards. It's well worth reading.

4. calvanico?

5. alisa

alisa

You're right about the non-disclosure agreements. I was hoping for some of the -- my wife's brother has worked there and the stories I hear at our dinner parties....sort of thing. And yes, great interview. Cohen is pretty amazing though. I remember last year when GOOG looked like death filings came in that SAC had just bought and I thought -- you idiot buying this overpriced thing. GOOG dipped a bit after that and then went up, oooh, say around 100%. I think that was at $190s. Filings came out a while back re SAC and BIDU. Chart looks great on it. Market sucks. Will be interesting how this one turns out.

6. mokwit

mokwit

The bit about him putting fade orders away from the market ahead of a release [rather than trying to catch the move] is a nice little clue as to how the game is actually played the other way round from the way we play it when we first start..................

Disclosure: For the benefit of the flame kiddies not comparing myself to SAC in any way, just to myself at the start.

BTW anyone seen the footage of Alaskan bears salmon fishing? You know the one where the first year cub repeatedly belly flops into the water coz all he knows is there is some link between river and fish, while the old guys wait patiently at the waterfall for a fish to jump into their mouth.

7. alisa

alisa

[

BTW anyone seen the footage of Alaskan bears salmon fishing? You know the one where the first year cub repeatedly belly flops into the water coz all he knows is there is some link between river and fish, while the old guys wait patiently at the waterfall for a fish to jump into their mouth. [/B][/QUOTE]

lolol that's fantastic analogy.

8. alisa other than the market wizards interview, you can check out sec.gov and see the quarterly holdings of SAC. It doesnt make too much sense though, that you would earn 50% or whatever it is annually with no volatility when most of the money is in altria stock and such.