Anyone here ever hear of a guy using the name Grumpee?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by tango29, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Come back in two months and tell me then how you feel about the Mytrades room....I was in the room for three months, and very few STARRED trades were called..not enough that you could pay your bills off of.......and the Trader's Choice trades were absolutely horrible.

Grumpee is a counter-trend trader whose strategy is to sell half at 3-ticks, and trail the remaining.......and he uses a 5-tick stop.....not bad....but you see....the problem is >>>> HE RARELY TAKES A FUCKING TRADE!!!

There would be days and days without any STARRED trades....there were only a handful of STARRED trades that were called during the final two months I was there.

Surely three months is enough to determine whether Grumpee earns enough from daytrading that a regular joe will be able to pay the bills...My conclusion was that he does not.

I stick with my original assertion....If a "Mentor" can not demonstrate the ability to make the kind of profits from trading that you are seeking....it is absolutely INSANE on your part to assume that the same Mentor can offer advice to help you reach your goals.

#21     Apr 23, 2008
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience at MyTrades.

Two follow-up questions:

1. Did you try to work Grumpee's "market balance" set ups?

2. Could you ever distill out a specific method to implement from all of Lav's market trading discussion?

I would guess not, given that you left the room, but I'm curious if you tried to make any of their other stuff work other than the rare "starred" trades.

#22     Apr 23, 2008
  3. 1. Yes, Sandy, I simulated the Market Balance setups and found that they were useless. Grumpee claims a 75% success rate across all time frames with MB trades, but I did not find that to be true. The market constantly blew straight through my entry on these trades. A market balance trade is simply a cup and handle pattern where you try and anticipate and enter on the right shoulder. In fact, a few people pm'd me in the room stating that they were getting their ass kicked on mb trades.

2. And, Lav, is a former Woodie's Moderator...which means...she can't trade worth a shit, but she can MODERATE and TEACH "woulda coulda" all day long. Lav just throws a bunch of technical analysis at you and when she's done, you're more confused than when she started. She's NOT a trader, she's only a Moderator.

#23     Apr 24, 2008
  4. Where to begin with you two?

I'll simply say thst for $250 a month I've gotten plenty of ideas on trade set-ups. Lav trades btw. Maybe not all day through while she's training but that's ok. I can understand the fustration with waiting for a Grumpee trade, no big deal. That's why he's grumpy. But Market balance is a great place to enter and it is good value to learn that chart pattern. It takes years to understand yourself and how you will handle a trade. Only you can do that for you. They stress getting risk free which should keep trainee's solvent. I've found it to be a good value.:cool:

#24     Apr 25, 2008
  5. tango29

tango29

And how do you know she actually trades? Because she says so? The time I was in there I would say she doesn't trade, as she was very wishy washy on calling an entry until after it was working. She would say "were looking long at 49.5 or so", and then if it kept going against that number she would be long further down. Grumpy when he 1st came into the other room before he got set up in a private $250/month/person room would claim that he used to teach in another room. Well, I asked a few times where and why he wasn't still doing so, and there was never an answer. So, why does someone who is all ready teaching and a successful trader decide to fold up and move to a new town to take money for teaching. Hmmm, thats not to hard to figure out. My favorite is the standard industry line I've heard him use, and read in so much of the bullshit mails and email with the latest system guru; "I decided to teach because my mentor taught me, and wanted me to pass on his gifts."

#25     Apr 25, 2008
  6. When someone can't understand english, you have to wonder about their analytical abilities in general. If you actually READ, you'd see the point I made was about VALUE. Specifically, the VALUE offered in the trial. Furthermore, without witnessing value in the trial, and having a FAILED DEMONSTRATION, you'd be very, uhm, "silly" to invest any money in the product. If you've already invested $250, do I really expect you to call yourself an idiot for doing so?!? Well, yes I do! I know it's asking a lot but a trader has to be able to admit when they are wrong and either trade out or reverse!

Lav does training on afternoon, not during market hours? A trader is supposed to trade during market hours, unless they make more money "teaching" aka stealing money from uneducated, starry eyed, newbies.

While you MAY have gotten plenty of 'setups' but you did not get VALUE for your $250. There is no frustration in waiting for a grumpree trade!! There is frustration in waiting for 4 - 6 trades per day that were PROMOTED, and getting ZERO two days in a row.

If you've found it to be a "cool value" then obviously you are either a poor trader who can't squeeze a miserable 1 point of of a 50 point market, or you are equally miserably informed as to the definition of "value" or what free resources are available to traders.

Getting "risk free" is nothing of value, it's basic info available for FREE.

#26     Apr 25, 2008

7. Wow, jaguar is AGAIN promoting that you invest $250 after a salesperson FAILS in their demonstration! He does this in response to me previously pointing this out since I had to assume he didn't "get it" the first time. Hmmm, now if something walks, talks, and acts like a shill, how long do you refuse to believe it's a shill? If the trendline was at 1380 and price is now 1385 how long do you believe price didn't break the trendline? Sorry I can't come up with better metaphor but call a spade a spade. Either you you're making money or losing money. Either it makes sense to invest in a failed demonstration or it doesn't.

"Ignore the negativity." This is another industry stanard line. Constructive criticism is negative? Pointing out that 4 - 6 traders were promised but not delivered is negative? Jeebus help us all!

I also encourage ppl to check out many methods, as I obviously have. When you see a method that succeeds in trial then assess whether you find value in further pursuing it. But to suggest to take a few months to analyze something that fails in a 2day trial (which the author fails to recognize and hence hold new trial, suspicious!), well, that's a bit nuts! Or just incredibly naive. Which brings me to your next point.

The only person who believes you are a professional trader running a hedge fund are those ultimate newbies that are targeted by these scams. Seriously, as a shill, even I could come up with something better than that! 1 or 2 points a day, omg, you don't even know what a joke you are! Or maybe you do and just know that newbies don't know the difference! LOL ... your clients must not be well capitalized or receiving some very poor returns!

I am calling this a scam until I see something honest here.

GIVE ME A TRIAL THAT FULLFILLS THE PROMISES OR STAY AWAY FROM BAD VALUE!

#27     Apr 26, 2008
  8. I am only responding to your posts, in the last one specifically how you ignore pertinent information. Specifically, that it does not make sense to invest in a product after the demonstration fails, and miserably at that. If that makes me a fool, ok, I guess we can start arguing about the definition of a fool.
    Actually whether I know you or not is irrelevant. I am responding to your public posts. If your public posts are equivalent to your character then so be it. Apparently I am a fool and you are a hedge fund manager surfing trade rooms for methodologies that net 1 point or so, but not everday. I highly suggest people do their own research on this claim. That alone is soooo far fetched, so ludicrous its amazing.

I beg anyone who doesn't know any better to ask anyone they can trust about this claim and you'll find the response to be a smile and/or laughter followed by a short story to explain.

Who you are is much less relevant than what you say, and again I'm responding to your posts pointing out contradictions, etc. That's the beautiful part about an anonymous forum, prejudices can be set aside. On a side note, in Niederhoffer's book Education of a Speculator a hobo's knowledge actually makes him a lot of money, on a regular basis. I don't remember exactly if he employs him or just consults, but quite a good read.
    Without getting into a conversation about psychology that no one is interested in, of course you are right generally speaking. SPECIFICALLY though, there's nothing "prejudiced" or "filtered" about stating it is not a wise investment to purchase a product who's demonstration fails, and miserably at that. Among the other comments on value, free information, magazines, books, other systems, other rooms, etc. Those either do or don't exist, nothing to do with prejudice. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Giving some thought to definition of coward, I can't say it's cowardly to: point out that you ignore and / or warp what I say in your replies, for example. If you don't like being "attacked" for that then I suggest you stop doing so. It's also not cowardly to point out correlations between your behavior and that of a shill. Either they are similar or they aren't and people can judge for themselves like you keep suggesting.
    By your definition, anyone here who disagrees in any forum in any post is a "coward" and "attacks personally" then right?

I did ask you before, do you work in PR?
    Funny, we both suggest people do their own homework. Here's the difference:

Your definition: homework is giving money to Lav and Grumpee.

My definition: reading books, magazines, testing freely available systems, screen time, etc

I think the difference between those last two sums things up nicely.

#28     Apr 26, 2008
  9. I didn't notice this at first:

Above you can see when I referred to scams it was directed at MyTrades Room. When I referred to shill-type responses or behavior (not quoted above), I referred to the posts / analysis of jaguar1952. In his response, jaguar1952 interprets them BOTH as being "personal". Think about it for a bit if it's not obvious. If you work for or are related to MyTrades you'd make this "Freudian slip." A person independent of MyTrades would likely respond differently.

Proof of nothing by itself, and I might not have been so picky if it weren't for the stupendous hedge fund comment, so, add it to the mix of facts presented and judge accordingly.

#29     Apr 26, 2008
  10. Well Traderwannabe, I can see you are really po'd over your failed two day free trial. I think you should pay the $250 and come join us. I for one would enjoy you giving the moderators your best constructive comments,lol. But it looks like you only go for free trials and assorted reading materials. BTW, Victor Niederhoffer traded himself into bankruptcy. He showed us pictures of them carting off anything and everything of value from his home. Maybe that hobo 's free advice wasn't so hot.

#30     Apr 26, 2008