Anyone here can interpret 30 day Fed Funds Futures?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by themickey, Dec 17, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

2. speedo

speedo

Yeah Mickey but it involves an indicator so you wouldn't understand :D

3. themickey

themickey

Does a vehicle indicator tell you how to drive a car?

4. No indicator required. He linked the Jan19 FF chart, which contains information only on the potential rate hike at the upcoming Fed meeting (18th-19th Dec). The FF contract settles to the avg effective FF rate in the contract month (Jan 2019), so the futures suggest that number will be around 2.375%, which is consistent with the Fed raising the target by a quarter point, from 2.00-2.25 to 2.25-2.5. The fact that the contract is trading right around the midpoint of the 2.25-2.5 range means that the market as a whole believes that the raise is a done deal.

For market consensus beliefs about post-December rate hikes, you have to look farther out on the curve than the Jan contract.

themickey and Overnight like this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Damn, in 20 years, they very well may, at the rate this generation is slaving to their darn smart devices...I mean, they are pushing devices onto the populace now where you don't even have to flip a switch to turn on or off things.

I am kinda' glad I am going to be dead before I witness the world depicted in the movie "WALL-E."

6. themickey

themickey

7. REDP1800

REDP1800