Anyone here bought my shares of BCOR after hours 2 days ago?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by gate, May 5, 2017.

1. gate

gate

Thanks. I will certainly file a complaint. Any idea what I should write?

#31     May 5, 2017
  2. If $43k is on the line, talk to an attorney

#32     May 5, 2017
    FCXoptions and Baron like this.
  3. gate

gate

In Canadian $, it's about 59K. Thanks for the advice.

#33     May 5, 2017
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

The transaction was at 8.85. Is it possible you entered 8.85 vs 18.85, and did not see the "1" was missing? You need to find out the bid at the time stamp you entered the order.

#34     May 5, 2017
    Baron likes this.
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Read your brokerage agreement. Yes you can always bring litigation, but you may have already agreed to an alternative remedy. BTW this is why you should also be 100% truthful on your new account form. It will be defendant's exhibit 1.

#35     May 5, 2017
  6. Baron

Baron ET Founder

@gate, Do you live in Montreal or have any contacts at the brokerage? They are about a 5-minute walk from where I used to live in Montreal. If you are close, maybe you should just go over there and talk to someone in person. People often act completely different when you talk to them face to face. But if you entered the order at the wrong price like Robert Morse said, you are probably screwed.

#36     May 5, 2017
  7. algofy

algofy

Yeah most likely trader error. OP how long have you been trading?

#37     May 5, 2017
  8. gate

gate

I modified a cancelled order at $18.85. I did not even touch the box of the price. I just changed the quantity and checked the box for after hours trading. And checked 3 times to be sure that everything was fine. The bid on ARCA was only $6.40. But on my broker website I was seeing 4300 shares on the bid side. I want to know on which platform it was. It would certainly help my case.

#38     May 5, 2017
  9. gate

gate

I used to trade regularly 15 years ago. But I only traded a few times in the last 10 years.

#39     May 5, 2017
  10. gate

gate

I have a friend who works there and he helped me. They told me that I should file a complaint.

#40     May 5, 2017