Anyone here bought a motorcycle lately?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Apr 22, 2009.

1. You said something earlier about the Buell's engine being made by Rotax. Doesn't the 1125 used an HD motor? I thought Rotax made the engine for Buell's entry level bike, the name of which escapes me.

#81     Jun 5, 2009
  2. tango29

tango29

Nope, they use it on the 1125R. 2008 is the 1st model year which worries me a bit. They had intial mapping problems because the Rotax people in Australia misunderstood what the Buell people were saying. It's taken care of now via a software download.

#82     Jun 5, 2009
  3. if i would buy a crotch rocket i'm going with ...

why put up good $ for a crotch rocket unless your going with the quickest?

the Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R

but i'll stick with my VROD

i look way :cool: driving it

#83     Jun 5, 2009
  4. tango29

tango29

Actually I think Kawasaki built their ZX 14R to be a hair faster/quicker than the Busa. Funny thing is the Kawasaki dealer was selling new '09 ZX 14R's for a little less than the ZX 10R's. Reason being the insurance is so bad for it they are having a hard time giving then away. The 1125R is a bit more upright than those bikes so you aren't lying down the whole time.

#84     Jun 5, 2009
  5. tango29

tango29

Took out the BMW F800 ST today. Very nice! Less torque which was fine as it still had more than enough to pull quickly. Little smoother overall, but some of that is the less torque in the throttle. Heated hand grips, while not needed obviously, were a cool feature and welcome today. I gave the ABS a try and nailed the brakes. No lock up, but I could see wearing a cup as you move forward into the frame that sits up in front of you. Gas tank is under the seat not in front of the seat. I had to follow the guy from Harley for the Buell so didn't really punch it, but the BMW guy let me take it on my own and 90mph came around in the blink of the eye. If I were to buy today I'd go with the BMW, but will think on it. Kill I hope you are keeping that V-Rod as around here the resale value on any of the Harley equipment, and Buell is really poor these days. I was checking out some ads and it is amazing.

#85     Jun 6, 2009
  6. #86     Jun 6, 2009
  7. tango29

tango29

Cool, I still like the V-Rod also. The 2009 BMW K 1300 S isn't to shabby itself for power. 175 HP and 103 ft. lbs. of torque. Beautiful looking too.

#87     Jun 6, 2009
  8. tango29

tango29

Lol, Here's a delayed update, I still haven't bought. I tried to pick up an 1125R cheap when they went on fire sale when Harley dumped the whole line. I don't trust Harley to maintain a parts inventory and have to wait to see what Eric Buell will be able to do when he comes out of his no compete clause before I'll pick up a Buell.
    Instead I'm going today to look at a 2003 FZ1, and a Triumph Sprint ST.

#88     Apr 2, 2010
  9. my VROD kicks majorASSSSSSSSSS!

#89     Apr 3, 2010