Anyone here bought a motorcycle lately?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Apr 22, 2009.

1. tango29

tango29

LOL! I went into a Harley dealer, actually the one my neighbor uses, and they pissed me off more than anything. Buy USA, sounds good when your selling a US product, but apparently not for anything else. They didn't like when I asked about the foreign cars in the employee area or if they verify everything they have is US made. Support the hometown team(I live in Milwaukee), but when I asked them if they flew anywhere recently and who they flew on , it wasn't the hometown airline( we have a regional airline based here that I used to work for and has been dying slowly), surprise, surprise. Another sign of old age, you get tired of the old sales b.s. I don't like the looks of the big Harley's anyway, but would have been interested if they weren't pricks. They might want to start dealing as they are hurting like a US car maker these days. The paper had a good article on how Harley's lending arm just took a bunch of money from the gov.. They then turned around and lent a large majority of it out for 120% the value of the bikes they were selling. This so people could customize. 18% of those loans were considered subprime. ROFL..Our money being pissed away by Harley.
    On the other note, I don't care what I look like, (I'm not a pretty boy to start with..lol) I just want to ride. I wear my helmet 99% of the time. Yea it should be 100% but not going to lie.

#41     May 22, 2009
  2. so your buying a kawasaki because all those employees buy pontiacs

let me clue you i heard the pontiac is made in japan :D

if you look ugly now your not going to lokk any better with your fat ass up in air like an aging AMA superbike wannabe

wannabe:D

#42     May 22, 2009
  3. Cesko

Cesko

people who ride bikes are STUPID. i also know 2 guys who got into accidents (broken bones) then sold their bikes after they learned their lesson.

Rode motorcycle for 5 years day in,day out in San Diego. Averaged 30 miles/day. Not single bone broken.

#43     May 22, 2009
  4. tango29

tango29

Kill, you crack me up! Actually I'm not a fat ass. In reasonable shape, just not one of the pretty people, nor a desire to be one or worry about trying to be one.
    The point was the clown trying to lay a buy USA, and buy hometown products guilt trip on me. Yet, the clown didn't live by his own sales line.
    Good weekend to all, and remember to honor those that sacrificed so we can have stupid arguments like this, and buy whatever we want!

#44     May 22, 2009
  5. tango29

tango29

Crap rain here today, but I went and looked at the bikes. The ZX 6R '08 is only in yellow which doesn't thrill me, but at the price I may not complain.
    Just for you Kill I asked if that had any ZX 14R's with race tires on and if I could go take it on some winding roads in the rain to try and kill myself. :D

#45     May 23, 2009
  6. tango29

tango29

Should have thought about asking earlier, but does anyone on here have an idea on dealer costs for cycles? In particular I'd be interested to know what the dealer cost was on the '08 ZX 6R.

#46     May 23, 2009
  7. 151

A few weeks ago I got a killer deal on a used track bike.

3600 for a 2004 r1. The previous owner even swapped the street tires off of his new bike for the slicks that were on the r1 for free.

the bike already had a power commander usb (for remapping the fuel injection and adjusting ignition, A full exhaust, 520 chain conversion, power commander quick shift (allows shifting under full throttle without clutching or chopping the gas.

Also with a racers bike you can be more certain of its maintanence schedule than a used street bike.

Cruisers are cool for their purpose but they just arent perfomance bikes and I like to ride. Not to be seen on a motorcycle.

Most cruiser guys (nowadays just want to be seen) hence the open face helmets.

Also if you are image consious think twice about the harley. While they have come a long way in the last 10 years or so they are not the insta cool they once were.

Reason being that the majority of Harley riders these days are doctors lawyers dentist traders other professional types and...women.

If you want a bike for the cool factor go antique harley, or maybe even super-moto

Either way have fun.

#47     May 24, 2009
  8. 151

Wow I feel sorry for people that feel this way.

I have broken twisted and torn more parts of my body that I will list here racing motorcycles and still will never give it up.

What do you live for? Don't be offended that I feel sorry for you, you are just doing what feels right to you. But I assure you I am not stupid. I just do not see bodily harm as that big of an issue.

OK I will list them.

Starting at the beginning seventh grade.

1. Hyperextended knee, torn calf, all the soft tissue in my knee was torn or pulled.

2. Broken collerbone

3. seperated AC

4. broken foot

4. dislocated thumb

5. Dislocated shoulder, broken humerus, severed axillary nerve, torn rotator cuff, etc.

6. dislocated shoulder

7. oh you get the point.

#48     May 24, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

1)Translation: blackjackass is a dickless, mama's boy, PUSSY.

2)There are a plethora of things people all over the world do every day that involve serious risk. Are they all stupid too? Not too may "minor" accidents in space travel or sky diving for example.

3)Done

#49     May 24, 2009
  10. 151

I would also like to add that space travel and sky diving for sure and possibly even motorcycle riding have contributed great things to society.

So the stay at home on the couch types can be thankful that there are people out here willing to take a little risk.

#50     May 24, 2009