Anyone here bought a motorcycle lately?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Apr 22, 2009.

1. I consider that falling off.

It's not the hit that hurts but the falling off. :)

#31     May 4, 2009
  2. what caused them to dump their bikes, ie "fall off"?

#32     May 4, 2009
  3. tango29

tango29

I hear what you are saying, but to be honest most everything is a risk in some way. I have a friend in a wheelchair for the last 3 years and the rest of his life most likely. And as Nitro described, a guy in front of him on the expressway swerved for no apparent reason, and my buddy had no out with cars on either side, nailed the breaks, but ended up hitting him and getting rolled a couple times, hitting the barrier in the middle. The barrier hit broke his back and screwed up his spine for life. He was driving a Grand Caravan. ~ 25 years ago another friend went down in an airline crash on takeoff when a part failed at the wrong time in the engine. Turned out the part had been never been certified, but was tagged as being FAA certified.
    Point being, it is a risk like others I take, and I know crap happens.
    On another note, I'm behind in my search. Trying to get back to it this week as we are supposed to have a couple days of good weather again.

#33     May 4, 2009
  4. STAY OFF EXPRESSWAY ON A BIKE is a good rule I follow.

#34     May 4, 2009
  5. people who ride bikes are STUPID. i also know 2 guys who got into accidents (broken bones) then sold their bikes after they learned their lesson.

don't even say "yeah everything in life has risks". that's the most retarded thing i've heard. there is no such thing as a minor accident on a bike. they all result in serious injuries or death. an otherwise minor event in an automobile becomes a MAJOR accident on a bike.

but if you insist on playing russian roulette, please add my name as a beneficiary to your life insurance policy. you'll need it

#35     May 5, 2009
  6. tango29

tango29

Not looking to argue, as it isn't worth it, nor do I dispute that bikes are less safe. I chose to ride, and I chose to do other things that aren't perfectly safe. I dropped a bike going into a turn when I hit a gravel patch and the bike slid out. I was fine, but I am aware that if the bike had landed on me in a different way I probably at the least would have broken my leg. As I pointed out, my friend who is paralyzed was driving a Dodge Grand Caravan, and my friend was flying in a plane and was killed because of some POS who forged an FAA repair ticket for a part in the engine. You can die or get hurt doing most anything, and I accept that motorcycles are less safe than other modes of transportation. Some of that lack of safety is due to idiots who shouldn't be driving anything and not the bike itself.

#36     May 5, 2009
  7. No doubt you must have eyes in the back of your head and 360 degree peripheral vision. You also have to drive all the other cars on the road :D

#37     May 5, 2009
  8. tango29

tango29

My current update is I'm looking at a pretty good deal on a demo Honda CB900(919), a new '07 919, and a Ninja ZX6R '08. The "08 Ninja they are asking $6999, listed new last year for $9000. Maybe hard to pass that deal. I noted though that a ZX14R has a bit more upright seating position than a standard sport bike and may look at those also as they are running a similiar deal for '08's as the ZX6R. This is taking way too long. If I were young I would have bought one by now. lol

#38     May 22, 2009
  9. what, you going to do the "AMA Supercycle" Ninja thang on the street?

your gonna look like a moron?

You don't have the balls although you got the brains. Get Harley FATBOY ride in style :D

#39     May 22, 2009
  10. Try not to take this the wrong way. You're an anonymous poster on a public bulletin board (for all I know you could have stared death in its face and taken bullets for your country or you could be some pencil neck paper pusher), but to me it sounds like you should have been born with a vagina. Man up, dude. Judging by the tone of your post, I know women with bigger balls than you. We are all owed a death.

Just because there are people in this world who enjoy doing things that don't fit YOUR comfort level, it doesn't mean they are stupid.

#40     May 22, 2009